Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
CieL said:
So what happens then?
Do you make a personal loss? Or do you still get paid for the delivery?
It was mostly just an issue because I lost my mobile last week, so I actually had to drive back to the store, use the phone there, then drive back out. Total waste of time.

I would normally mobile call them.

But seriously, turn your lights on and answer the door.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, Ciel, i agee i hate people going "are you serious" etc.

the absolute worst is when (and this has happened) i get it from EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS, on a related point, if you are 18-25 CARRY ID WITH YOU, DON'T ASSUME YOU WON'T BE ASKED JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ACTUALLY OLD ENOUGH TO BUY BOOZE AND SMOKES (seriously, who doesnt actually have ID with them almost all the time, espescially if you know you might get asked)

Also, it's really hard to judge how old asians are, i hate that

Evilo

HSC
Graney said:
It was mostly just an issue because I lost my mobile last week, so I actually had to drive back to the store, use the phone there, then drive back out. Total waste of time.

I would normally mobile call them.

But seriously, turn your lights on and answer the door.
So do they reimburse you for the phone call?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
townie said:
Yeah, Ciel, i agee i hate people going "are you serious" etc.

the absolute worst is when (and this has happened) i get it from EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS, on a related point, if you are 18-25 CARRY ID WITH YOU, DON'T ASSUME YOU WON'T BE ASKED JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ACTUALLY OLD ENOUGH TO BUY BOOZE AND SMOKES (seriously, who doesnt actually have ID with them almost all the time, espescially if you know you might get asked)

Also, it's really hard to judge how old asians are, i hate that
Are you serious? (lol).

But really, that's pretty retarded, I'm surprised people wouldn't bring ID with them. I mean, it's just one card in your wallet, not like it adds 100kgs.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Evilo said:
So do they reimburse you for the phone call?
No, which considering my wages, having to mobile call customers is something I try desperately to avoid.

gemmal

HSC
Can I ask, what do you guys do when you ask a customer, 'how they are' and they come back to you with a personal problem, a bitch, or just something really awkward?

CieL

HSC
gemmal said:
Can I ask, what do you guys do when you ask a customer, 'how they are' and they come back to you with a personal problem, a bitch, or just something really awkward?
"oh........ *agree with them*........... *think of a sympathetic response*"........... *quickly scan everything, state the total of the transaction, then bid them farewell*

tlodg

HSC
N/A
gemmal said:
I'd be happy if talking about it makes the person feel happier. Sometimes old people are more likely to tell you what they feel about life because they are lonely.. Their kids have grown-up and usually don't live with them..some of them feel so lonely that they are willing to talk to "just anyone" (so just cuz they talk to me doesn't mean they trust me or like me particularly).. I really wish I can listen to them so they will feel happier and that life isn't cold every single day.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
someone yelled at mum and threatened to report her, lol she isn't employed by woolies... all she did is ask if he needed help cos there was a new shelf layout.

HSC
i love when you ask a customer how they are and they're just like "stella" or "rum and coke" or whatever. sometimes i'm like "oh really? yeah, i felt a little bacardi earlier but i'm pretty carlton draught now .." usually it just goes straight over their heads and they look at me like :confused:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i love when you ask a customer how they are and they're just like "stella" or "rum and coke" or whatever. sometimes i'm like "oh really? yeah, i felt a little bacardi earlier but i'm pretty carlton draught now .." usually it just goes straight over their heads and they look at me like :confused:
i get those customers as well.

i just try to piss em off as fast as i can (ie; serve them as fast as i can so they caan go f**k off.) -__-'"
hate custoemrs who don't listen to u. sometimes I have to repeat the same shit 1million times (overexxageration but oh well), making me feel stupid. -__-"

CieL

HSC
Rule:

When you are piling stuff from your basket onto the conveyor belt, please do not build the Leaning Tower of Pisa on my belt.

It gets annoying when the belt moves and everything crashes down on my hand.. or when you've placed cold items at the top and the bottom.. it generally just makes it very inconvenient for me and your bags will be packed like shit.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
i get those customers as well.

i just try to piss em off as fast as i can (ie; serve them as fast as i can so they caan go f**k off.) -__-'"
hate custoemrs who don't listen to u. sometimes I have to repeat the same shit 1million times (overexxageration but oh well), making me feel stupid. -__-"
When the music is so loud you can't hear shit.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Davo1111 said:
When the music is so loud you can't hear shit.
uhm. dude, there wasn't any music on.

Even if there was, we can't have it on that loud because of the customer complaints.

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Rule:

When you are piling stuff from your basket onto the conveyor belt, please do not build the Leaning Tower of Pisa on my belt.

It gets annoying when the belt moves and everything crashes down on my hand.. or when you've placed cold items at the top and the bottom.. it generally just makes it very inconvenient for me and your bags will be packed like shit.
I hate it when this happens...and i really hate it when it falls down, crashes onto ur hand, and before u can pick it up to put it back it scans a billion times and the customer goes "Hey, i dont have that many take it off....and i get that item for free because u made a mistake..." or something along those lines. Then i have to explain how it was there stupid mistake, and how i wont be giving them a free item because thats not covered in the policy. Then they will have a big sook because they want a free item, and then they will want to see my supervisor, and they will say the same thing i said, mean while the line is getting huge because this bitch takes 10 years. And all because some customers are inconsiderate little bitches.

RAWR

Oh and another thing, dont put ur items up on the belt when i have to trolleys locked in the lane, my light is turned off and my closed sign is up, and me and my supervisor are counting the til, and then ask "Oh are u not open?"....and when we say no where not, dont be pissed off about it and through a tantrum.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'll preface this by saying that I actually really like my job :D but I had a fairly shit day on Friday and thought of some useful rules for people:

- Don't sigh at me/treat me like an idiot if I ask you to confirm the spelling of something. It helps me help you. And no I don't know the spelling of every town in country South Australia and your bogan accent and bad phone connection is not helping me understand you. Just spell it for me, please.

-Complaining about the answer to your question isn't going to make it change. I can't change the rules for you. I'd get fired.

yeah thats it, just the more common problems I get. Most people are really nice though.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I'll preface this by saying that I actually really like my job :D but I had a fairly shit day on Friday and thought of some useful rules for people:

- Don't sigh at me/treat me like an idiot if I ask you to confirm the spelling of something. It helps me help you. And no I don't know the spelling of every town in country South Australia and your bogan accent and bad phone connection is not helping me understand you. Just spell it for me, please.

-Complaining about the answer to your question isn't going to make it change. I can't change the rules for you. I'd get fired.

yeah thats it, just the more common problems I get. Most people are really nice though.
where do you work?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
uhm. dude, there wasn't any music on.

Even if there was, we can't have it on that loud because of the customer complaints.
fair enough - i thought you might work at a nightclub.

P

pLuvia

Honestly I couldn't care less about customers complaining when I have closed my register since my shift is over. They usually say something a long the lines of, "what about all those customers lining up".

If I've finished my shift I close up, and I don't serve anyone else, screw them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)