Rules for Staff (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
jumb said:
Wow, insecure much? If she was talking to you she would've quoted or made some way to point that out.
Lizakith said:
I think it was just a general comment about a staff member at her work...
my bad. she wrote it right after where i said i had been a supervisor, so the assumption kicked in.

greekgun

HSC
Hey guys, saw this thread and it looked like a good place to bitch about fellow workers.

Anyways, i had this fellow cashier at coles who would grap a herald sun and sit down on the ground to read the parer while he was still working. Now, at this time when his reading the paper out of sight from the customers, every other register is busy because he is a lazy bum. Thank god he got fired, but the rule is: You get paid to do a job, so do that job.

HSC
greekgun said:
Anyways, i had this fellow cashier at coles who would grap a herald sun and sit down on the ground to read the parer while he was still working. Now, at this time when his reading the paper out of sight from the customers, every other register is busy because he is a lazy bum. Thank god he got fired, but the rule is: You get paid to do a job, so do that job.
Similar case, we have one particular full timer who always takes the same express lanes every single day. Now that in itself, I don't have a problem with. What the issue is, is when there's only me and her serving on express, and she stops for a good five minutes to clean her scales, while only I am serving.

This is annoying, but what is more annoying is when one customer had a go at me, because SHE wasn't serving. I don't see why its my fault. Clearly, I was 15, she was 50+, so it wasnt as though she was going to listen to my suggestions. But I dont believe that the customer would have said anything to her, because clearly younger staff members are much more incapable than older ones.

CieL

HSC
babikakez said:
What the issue is, is when there's only me and her serving on express, and she stops for a good five minutes to clean her scales, while only I am serving.
Pfft.
If I were you, I'd excuse myself to the customer, go up to the hag, grab the paper towel and solution out of her hand, give the scales two good rubs [that's all it needs, the soln is super heavy duty industrial or something], then rip her close sign off [or whatever] and tell her to start serving now.

I hate slow checkout service.

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Pfft.

I hate slow checkout service.
I dont mind it if there slow, but when there being slack on purpose. like this one guy working on express with me, he kept leaving his register to go do a basket run (go down all the eisles and collect all the baskets) when we were in peak hours and we even had priority one (priority one is a comman used over the PA so all grocery members can go help the cashier bag cuz its busy.) So wat i did, was put my sign up (i didnt give a fuck bout the customers at this stage) went over to him, snathced the baskets from him, put them under a register and told him to start fucking working or i will kick his nerdy ass)

(ps- i cant stand those little nerdy kids who think there so dam smart. i absoulty love it when he stuffs something up when serving a customer and he says something along the lines of "Well, that is the right price, your wrong" to the customer, and then the customer goes up to the service manager and he/she checks and the cashier gets shutdown.)

I think thats enough ranting for me today.

CieL

HSC
greekgun said:
I dont mind it if there slow, but when there being slack on purpose. like this one guy working on express with me, he kept leaving his register to go do a basket run (go down all the eisles and collect all the baskets) when we were in peak hours and we even had priority one
Omg.. there's this girl that I work with.. she ALWAYS leaves her register..
When it gets busy, she serves 2-3 customers, then closes off when there's about 5 customers in each of the other lanes.. and disappears..

I am yet to find out where she disappears to. Sometimes I see her collect the baskets from under the conveyer belts.. but sometimes when my back is facing her, I have no idea where she goes..

I got so sick of her slacking off I specifically told her to stay at her register untill AT LEAST all the customers disappear. [I'm a supervisor]. And now, most of the time she does only leave when there's no customers, and disappears somewhere only till I call her back on, when there's masses of people again.

Like seriously, there's a time and place for doing shit. Don't do inappropriate things and inappropriate times. Besides serving customers there's a lot of things I'd like you to do. If I can fucking find you. I'll find her hiding spot. Someday.

I mean, it's not like I'm totally strict with her. When it's quiet I let her go on smoke breaks even when she doesn't even get a break in her shift, and let her bum around and do nothing.. I'd just like her to stay in the front end where I can see her, and ask her to do something face to face instead of having to call her name on the PA all the time..

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Omg.. there's this girl that I work with.. she ALWAYS leaves her register..
When it gets busy, she serves 2-3 customers, then closes off when there's about 5 customers in each of the other lanes.. and disappears..

I am yet to find out where she disappears to. Sometimes I see her collect the baskets from under the conveyer belts.. but sometimes when my back is facing her, I have no idea where she goes..

I got so sick of her slacking off I specifically told her to stay at her register untill AT LEAST all the customers disappear. [I'm a supervisor]. And now, most of the time she does only leave when there's no customers, and disappears somewhere only till I call her back on, when there's masses of people again.

Like seriously, there's a time and place for doing shit. Don't do inappropriate things and inappropriate times. Besides serving customers there's a lot of things I'd like you to do. If I can fucking find you. I'll find her hiding spot. Someday.

I mean, it's not like I'm totally strict with her. When it's quiet I let her go on smoke breaks even when she doesn't even get a break in her shift, and let her bum around and do nothing.. I'd just like her to stay in the front end where I can see her, and ask her to do something face to face instead of having to call her name on the PA all the time..
Lol, i have some hiding spots for when im doing loose stock. Wat i did was, i looked for all the cameras, and i once saw the survailence room and took a mental note of where all the cameras are; by using that i figured out when the cameras blind spots are, and this is where i dump all the stock, and then walk around the store a couple of times.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Whoever does the bookings/rents out the function rooms for this particular place: could you please try pulling out an an ounce of common sense and not book a macedonian wedding or whatever the fuck was going on back there at the same time we are trying to put on a play in the auditorium. It's pretty distracting trying to keep up with cues when all you can hear is loud repetitive boring foreign music.

HSC
CieL said:
Perhaps thats why, is it the same when other supervisors are on?

extermin8tor

HSC
wuddie said:
again, rather than bitching about the problem/s you may have, would you be kind enough to suggest ways to better it? or are you just one of those who love to bitch but have no real ideas?
I have tried solving the problems by talking to managers,

(quote)Don't think you're awesome and an unofficial boss just because you've worked at an entry-level position for 10 years since you were 15.(quote)

LOL!!!

RE: ABOVE, I dont have a choice about hours, last week I said I cant show up after school because I was giving blood, and this week my hours were cut to only 15 hours, and no weekend hours. So managers basically punish you for not taking extra shifts.

CieL

HSC
babikakez said:
Perhaps thats why, is it the same when other supervisors are on?
Well honestly it's rare that I let her do those things.
It's like once in a blue moon when she asks.

Is there something wrong with letting her take a smoko once every few months?
Bumming around is bound to happen every shift. There is only so much to do if it is quiet.

I don't know how other supervisors treat her.

HSC
don't fucking go take smoko breaks every hour, which last for 20 minutes .. and no you don't need anyone to hold your hand and come with you, leaving me and one other person. and don't fucking make friends with customers and then wander off to their room for an hour to have a chat. actually do something other than just walk around aimlessly telling everyone else off for not doing anything?

man, i want my old supervisor back.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
i don't mind the smell of ciggie smoke itself.. but when it's on people it smells so foul.

greekgun

HSC
fernando said:
i don't mind the smell of ciggie smoke itself.. but when it's on people it smells so foul.
So true...its like mega bad when u can smell the smoke coming from there mouth.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
At Hungry Jack's:

When there's ten cars in drive-thru and I'm doing it by myself, and there are three people standing around on front counter with two customers there...fucking repeat ALL of the burgers on order, not just yours! Don't expect me to always do it for you, just cos you're shit at repeating. You need the practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)