Running out of time (1 Viewer)

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Hey all,

Just finished my English preliminary exam today, I reckon I flew through with the first section and the essay section. But I ran out of time by my second paragraph of my creative section. Really bummed about it now, You guys and gals have any suggestions as to how to maximise time usage and not face the problem of running out? :/

Cheers

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
We can't really help you if you don't give us specifics. Like did you run out of time because you're a slow writer? You wrote a 25 page long essay?

All we can really say is 'plan your time better' and 'write faster'.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey all,

Just finished my English preliminary exam today, I reckon I flew through with the first section and the essay section. But I ran out of time by my second paragraph of my creative section. Really bummed about it now, You guys and gals have any suggestions as to how to maximise time usage and not face the problem of running out? :/

Cheers
How did you prepare for the test?

enoilgam

HSC
Hey all,

Cheers
Try and troubleshoot, was the running out of time due to:

- Poor preparation
- Slow writing time
- Poor time managment
- Bad exam anxiety

CaffeineMotor

HSC
My preparation was fine, I knew what to write for the essay and how to tackle the reading section. But I just didn't keep check of time and spent far too long writing the essay.

I'm guessnig I should probably start doing blocks of work switching from section to section next time?

SunnyScience

HSC
Don't skip between sections - you'll lose track of were you're at and you'll lose precious time trying to get your mindset-bearing correct.

Just set yourself strict time limits for each section.

45 minutes for the essay, 40 minutes for short-responses and 35 minutes for creative is what I like to generally do.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Don't skip between sections - you'll lose track of were you're at and you'll lose precious time trying to get your mindset-bearing correct.

Just set yourself strict time limits for each section.

45 minutes for the essay, 40 minutes for short-responses and 35 minutes for creative is what I like to generally do.

That sounds like a better idea, just force myself to follow strict deadlines.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
That sounds like a better idea, just force myself to follow strict deadlines.
and you MUST stick to it.

Let's say: you haven't finished your essay yet and you've spent 40 or so mins on it already, just move onto the next section. Come back later if you have time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)