running windows in a lab (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
anyone know how to run windows on a cse machine?

ive seen a few people do it, dont know the linux command or directory for it though

help anyone?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Before you logon, you click 'Change Session'.
The login screens are slightly different with different labs.
You should find 'Windows XP', select that then just log in.
I did ENGG1811 and I had to do that.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Before you logon, you click 'Change Session'.
The login screens are slightly different with different labs.
You should find 'Windows XP', select that then just log in.
I did ENGG1811 and I had to do that.
They taught you that in 1811 so the not-so computer literate people wouldn't have to deal with the linux prompt.

sunny

meh.
HSC
In 1811 you only ever use Excel and Access, there's no point teaching you guys linux at all, so in the first lab you're told you change your default session to WinXP.

And even then, you'd be surprised at the amount of people that fail miserably to follow the instructions to change the default session to WinXP and then get competely lost in the lab when they're faced with the default Fluxbox desktop.

I had one student think their computer hanged after Fluxbox loaded. :p

Uncle

Banned
HSC
In 1811 you only ever use Excel and Access, there's no point teaching you guys linux at all, so in the first lab you're told you change your default session to WinXP.

And even then, you'd be surprised at the amount of people that fail miserably to follow the instructions to change the default session to WinXP and then get competely lost in the lab when they're faced with the default Fluxbox desktop.

I had one student think their computer hanged after Fluxbox loaded. :p
Now that's funny.
Steve C told us to use Fluxbox as our default session when I was in COMP1911 for the first two weeks.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
ENGG1811 doesn't teach you to make the Windows vm the default session in lab01, though I did advise my class to do that.
Its annoying if they change it to XP then go away. I go to log in and someone else has set the session to XP. So I have to click cancel when it says it not my default, change the session then enter my login details again. gah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)