Rural Students (1 Viewer)

elfyem

HSC
I Have Been Previously told that CSU allows an extra 5points on your UAI if your from a rural Town, does anyone know if ACU has any extra points or specifications for this?

if you know please private message it to me

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
elfyem said:
I Have Been Previously told that CSU allows an extra 5points on your UAI if your from a rural Town, does anyone know if ACU has any extra points or specifications for this?

if you know please private message it to me

I think you should be able to recieve extra UAI if you live in a remote town. Don't quote me on this though, give the board a call.

Roy9

HSC
When you say rural, how rural do you mean? I live on the mid north coast in a town called Port Macquarie and I've heard similar talk like this at my school. Not totally convinced though.

mishka

HSC
N/A
Usually these types of programs apply to people who want to attend their "feeder" uni. I'm not entirely sure about ACU's rural admittance procedures, I would suggest calling the Admissions centre for more information.

HSC
UAC said:
The University has an Educational Access Scheme (EAS) designed to assist applicants of high academic potential whose education has been disadvantaged by circumstances beyond their control for a substantial period of time.

These circumstances may include refugee status, low income, rural isolation, family responsibilities, emotional trauma, non-English-speaking background, serious medical problems, physical or learning disabilities, interrupted schooling.

For more information about the scheme read the Educational Access Scheme (EAS) booklet produced by UAC. An EAS application form is included in the booklet. EAS booklets are available from UAC or ACU Student Centres. If you are a 2008 Australian Year 12 student you can obtain a copy of the booklet from your school/TAFE college. The booklet and application form can also be downloaded from this website.
http://www.uac.edu.au/uni/general/acuGeneral_Info.html#eas

ACU said:
Disadvantaged/Regional School Bonus: Applicants from schools that have been designated as being disadvantaged will automatically receive bonus points when applying through their respective Tertiary Admissions Centre.
http://my.acu.edu.au/student/applyi...rules/appendix_2_-_equity_and_access_schemes/

elfyem

HSC
hiya well its amazing to see how many schools are counted at rural. im living 6hours from Sydney & Melbourne so i know its rural lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)