Safety @ Redfern (1 Viewer)

juggernaut

HSC
carslaw toilets are dodgy

swear i see blokes who arent even uni students there

Last edited:

Sinitivity

HSC
I prefer we screw in the main quad toilets. Love those toilets.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Redfern's fine during the peak hours--a constant stream of students. But I get intimidated easily--once I was walking from Redfern in non-peak hour and even though it was broad daylight and no-one else around (except for one homeless person who didn't even approach me) I was walking by like I was running really late for an appointment (when I actually had 20 minutes before class).

Night time--security bus or Central. And there's plenty of transit officers around even during peak hour so that's a bonus too.

Sinitivity

HSC
Today a friend and I were walking on the wrong side of the road (the side the station isn't on) and these two drunk aboriginal women tried smashing into us. They were high =[

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I walked through Redfern at 8 at night (weeknight) the other week and it was pretty safe. There was still a constant flow of students and whatever walking through Redfern.

bradc1988

HSC
A friend of mine was confronted by a gang of knife wielding aboriginal youths, like 9-15 years old, on the footbridge thing as your leaving the campus next to engineering. He managed to run away but they tried to take his phone and wallet.

It was 6pm on a Friday night.

04er

HSC
This whole semester i have been finishing at night, didn't encounter any problems. Altho it's awkward going past those beggars right near the station's entrance, I never gave it a second thought really until seeing some of the posts in this thread.

maz5

HSC
We should be educated on what to do if we ever find ourself in such unsavory circumstances!

samwell

HSC
Is it really that scary? Only been through redfern once though
I saw some sus characters opposite station entrance<very shifty>
but it seems totally peaceful during the day

adnan91

HSC
Doubt it makes a difference these things happen evrywhere. At central like 8 am HEAPS of ppl around i saw a guy trying to steal the girls bag funny thing is the guy was heaps skinny and short while she was like built but noone even helped her. she was screaming and stuff. At broadway bustop at like 4 pm just after we finished skool me and a friend nearly got mugged by three lads/abo's. they were on a bus and they recognized my mate so they got off and started the usual crap eventually they asked for money/mobile but we didnt give them, one of them showed us a knife he had near his waist. in the end we were just like piss off but i must say its not a nice situation to be in

BigDk

HSC
my friend got decked with a brick in the back of the head and wallet/phone stolen walking home from uni at redfern.

fuken feral dogs

Doughboy

HSC
You got to look behind to stop being caught off guard!!, you have to look sideways in case someone jumps at ya, and you have to look down to stop stepping on loads of poo that sometimes coveres the footpath! Easy if you walk with a police while sharing a bong.

teanido

HSC
N/A
It's pretty safe at Redfern, I walk past and drop a few dollars each time I go past.
They should not come after me.
:)
Oh, the only time I saw a fight was when the old lady who sits outside the station broke a bottle on this poor guy's head :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)