Saftey Glasses (1 Viewer)

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
lol nice man vanuatu is awesome i wana go der lol, see u didnt take me:p lolz tis tis i heard its expensive there.
Mmm i am terribly sorry i did not take you (i shall forgive you for wanting to refuse to take me on your holiday lol)... maybe next time ...

From my experience its not that expensive .... taxi/small bus is 100 vatu to go into the town (port villa) which is like $1.20 or something around that ... we got a package with brekfast and lunch and we hardly ate anything for dinner cos we were so full ... but like they did pretty cheap pizzas in the hotel and the fruit in the market was so cheap ... best bananas you will ever eat! they were frigin like cream in a banana skin.

The tours are priced pretty good too but if your on a budget go by the local buses and its cheaper

mmm theres so much to say about it but i cannot remember/ heat denaturing proteins in brain lol

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol i went to that store in wentworth building today - theyve got glasses too , but there wasnt a price lol xD
i only bought the lab coat lol $31 ! :eek:

ah welll ... better to buy it now than wait for o-week when there's a heaps long line =P

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
lol i went to that store in wentworth building today - theyve got glasses too , but there wasnt a price lol xD
i only bought the lab coat lol $31 ! :eek:

ah welll ... better to buy it now than wait for o-week when there's a heaps long line =P
Mmm im waiting till i buy my access card... discounts!

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
hctaha said:
Mmm im waiting till i buy my access card... discounts!
^ lolz

You guys decide how your going to go about buying your textbooks yet?
Of course its best to wait until the first day where they give you the list... but i guess we kinda have an idea from the handbook.

I'm planning to buy the recommended human biology textbook (essentials of anatomy...) second hand. I mean we only have that subject for 1 measly semester.

And anonymous have fun in India! oh and on the a380 in your beyond first class luxury suite :cool:

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
2opinion8d said:
And anonymous have fun in India! oh and on the a380 in your beyond first class luxury suite :cool:
absolutely girl:D, the heavens have bestowed me with the awesomeness of the a380!. Must use every opportune moment to feel like im in heaven lol. Its the 4 weddings that are guna be the killer lol.

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
yeah...I want to purchase the lab coat and safety glasses all at once tomorrow and possibly get an access card as well...whereabouts do we get an access card again?

I want to get it done before O-week to avoid these so called 'long lines' and so I can enjoy orientation without worrying about these things...

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
ordnaiv said:
yeah...I want to purchase the lab coat and safety glasses all at once tomorrow and possibly get an access card as well...whereabouts do we get an access card again?

I want to get it done before O-week to avoid these so called 'long lines' and so I can enjoy orientation without worrying about these things...
u can get ur card from the uni, u can even buy online i think u just put an order through or something to prevent long lines.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
485h324s said:
where are u going to buy second hand books?
im in a somewhat confusion on whether to get second hand books or not..coz second hand books are about 70% + gst so bout 85% ish typically...so if ur buying "essentials of human anatomy and physiology" its actual cost is about $144. if u get it second hand its like $122 ish...so not a huge difference, and im hearing that its better to get new books coz theyre more updated...im not sure i dont have experience..but im just trying to put some pros/cons here. What do u guys think?

485h324s

HSC
N/A
anonymus2003 said:
im in a somewhat confusion on whether to get second hand books or not..coz second hand books are about 70% + gst so bout 85% ish typically...so if ur buying "essentials of human anatomy and physiology" its actual cost is about $144. if u get it second hand its like $122 ish...so not a huge difference, and im hearing that its better to get new books coz theyre more updated...im not sure i dont have experience..but im just trying to put some pros/cons here. What do u guys think?
follow the editions the uni tells u to get, for chem the books are all published in 2008, so theres hardly any chance a 2007 uni student would have them but for bio the book is published in 2007 so yeah...

i wuld get 2nd hand if its close to new and still has that smell.. lol

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
485h324s said:
follow the editions the uni tells u to get, for chem the books are all published in 2008, so theres hardly any chance a 2007 uni student would have them but for bio the book is published in 2007 so yeah...

i wuld get 2nd hand if its close to new and still has that smell.. lol
sounds like a good system!

miraj

mr.47
HSC
I am doing the B of Science course at UTS this year would I need to buy safety glasses? really I thought the uni would provide glasses for you just like in high school

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
u can get ur card from the uni, u can even buy online i think u just put an order through or something to prevent long lines.
I would prefer going in person though...do we get it at Manning Bar and if so what time does it close on weekdays? I am planning to go this afternoon so I can get the lab coat and safety glasses as well...oooh and a dissection kit!

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
485h324s said:

I wuld get 2nd hand if its close to new and still has that smell.. lol
hey I have a copy of "Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology" from a couple of years back...it's the fourth edition. Do u guys recommend that I purchase a newer version or it won't make much of a difference?

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
ordnaiv said:
hey I have a copy of "Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology" from a couple of years back...it's the fourth edition. Do u guys recommend that I purchase a newer version or it won't make much of a difference?
i think that might be too old, check out what 'edition' that book is. I think we have to get the 6th edition of essentials, heres a page that tells you whats just just between the 5th/6th edition so if yours is anything older u can expect more changes.

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0072943696/information_center_view0/preface.html

about the card here are the details

The ACCESS Centre

The ACCESS Centre, located in Manning House is open Mon-Fri from 9am – 5pm.

Here you will have your photo taken for your access card and is also the main collection point to pick up your access card. If you don't want to pay online you can take your registration form to this office and pay in person.

The ACCESS Centre is located at:
Level 1
Manning House
Manning Road
Unversity of Sydney NSW 2006

Phone: 1800 013 201
Email: access@usu.usyd.edu.au
10% off busabout explorer

http://www.accessbenefits.com.au/accesscentre.asp

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
i think that might be too old, check out what 'edition' that book is. I think we have to get the 6th edition of essentials, heres a page that tells you whats just just between the 5th/6th edition so if yours is anything older u can expect more changes.

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0072943696/information_center_view0/preface.html

about the card here are the details

The ACCESS Centre

The ACCESS Centre, located in Manning House is open Mon-Fri from 9am – 5pm.

Here you will have your photo taken for your access card and is also the main collection point to pick up your access card. If you don't want to pay online you can take your registration form to this office and pay in person.

The ACCESS Centre is located at:
Level 1
Manning House
Manning Road
Unversity of Sydney NSW 2006

Phone: 1800 013 201
Email: access@usu.usyd.edu.au
10% off busabout explorer

http://www.accessbenefits.com.au/accesscentre.asp
yeah thanks...just to be safe I would probably buy the book new :) Do we have to renew the access card on a yearly basis or does it last for the duration of your course?

anyway, thanks again...

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
ordnaiv said:
yeah thanks...just to be safe I would probably buy the book new :) Do we have to renew the access card on a yearly basis or does it last for the duration of your course?

anyway, thanks again...
hahahaz np ordnaiv, umm u renew ur card every year. Im still tryin to figure out what i exactly get for the 24g i pay every year lol, they cant even get us safety glasses!! lol.

K

katie_tully

I got my glasses from the uni lab shop for $8 and the lab coat for $11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)