Sales Reps (door-to-door) (1 Viewer)

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had done door-to-door selling for a marketing company where youre dropped off at a random place and then having to convince customers to sign up to Optus services such as phone, internet, cable tv etc. What were your experiences?

hotChoklat

HSC
It depends on if this is your kinda thing. I was with PHD marketing for a month and a half - you get a mad uncapped salary so some weeks i was able to earn $1000 p/w, and in other weeks it was only about 400-500 which wasnt worth the hours. If you havent started yet, its basically them makin you do all these fancy new recruitment things, psychology tests (just tell them what they wanna hear) then you do one training session where you do the real thing (mine was with Huw from Kid Corageous - he's a door-to-door salesperson when hes not in his crap band :O) and then they send you out as an agent after you do the paid optus training.
Your hours are kinda crap - 12pm to 8pm and you only get to eat at 12pm since you're often nowhere near a fastfood place. You basically get given a set of houses (around 100) and you go knockin. If they dont answer you move on and come back later. Most people tell you to f*** off, but it all depends on how good you are. Each sale is worth $95 at the beginning. So if you make 4 a day that around 200 and from mon-fri that makes 1000. I enjoyed it for a while cos i got to talk to heaps of people and they even fly you out to places like surfer's paradise to market for the company, but I eventually got over it cos i was always doing the same thing. If you're really outgoing and like talking to people you'll probably love it, and you'll only end up staying for the money. Hope that helps

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
hotChoklat said:
It depends on if this is your kinda thing. I was with PHD marketing for a month and a half - you get a mad uncapped salary so some weeks i was able to earn $1000 p/w, and in other weeks it was only about 400-500 which wasnt worth the hours. If you havent started yet, its basically them makin you do all these fancy new recruitment things, psychology tests (just tell them what they wanna hear) then you do one training session where you do the real thing (mine was with Huw from Kid Corageous - he's a door-to-door salesperson when hes not in his crap band :O) and then they send you out as an agent after you do the paid optus training.
Your hours are kinda crap - 12pm to 8pm and you only get to eat at 12pm since you're often nowhere near a fastfood place. You basically get given a set of houses (around 100) and you go knockin. If they dont answer you move on and come back later. Most people tell you to f*** off, but it all depends on how good you are. Each sale is worth $95 at the beginning. So if you make 4 a day that around 200 and from mon-fri that makes 1000. I enjoyed it for a while cos i got to talk to heaps of people and they even fly you out to places like surfer's paradise to market for the company, but I eventually got over it cos i was always doing the same thing. If you're really outgoing and like talking to people you'll probably love it, and you'll only end up staying for the money. Hope that helps

wow what you sold? + got any goodies from it?

some market dude sold some dildo's for me, amazing colours :)

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
DONT FUCKING DO IT MAN.

i have done it before with world vision. i knocked out 70 houses in my area & i onkly gfot 1 fucking credit card donation.

I could only accept credit cards cause of security bullshit

& i felt like saying to all the houses i knocked on: AS THE BEASTIE BOSY SAY HEY FUCK YOU!

UI quit after some only lady chucked me $2:50 & she didnt udnerstand i couldnt accept cash donation.

the pay was fuckign lame $3 everytime i get a donation

Id rather blow my fucking brains out that be a door salesman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)