"Sales" (1 Viewer)

Lennie

We have all heard the annoyingly persistant ads on television, in which a guy with a serious throat infection screams into your living room for 60 seconds straight, without taking a single breath.
This so-called 'adverstising' usually features the "amazing" bargains that can be found at some wherehouse sale out in the middle of nowhere.
I always mute the TV or change the channel when these ads come on, but its impossible to escape from them. :chainsaw:

Anyway, the most recent of these ads ( the "up to 90% off STOLEN and RETRIEVED goods blah... blah.... blah...) saw a group of us heading up to fox studios to check it out.

NEVER again.

I spent half an hour walking around the FREEZING arena before walking out empty handed.

CD's $1?? Bullshit, the ones that were $1 were crap that no-one would buy anyway. The top 20, or, 'popular' CD's were all around $20, (you can find them for less at almost every corner store in the city).

Lee jeans $9?? yes, there were a few pairs of "lee" jeans, but they were obviously fakes made out of material that definately isnt denim. Not to mention the fact that the brand wasnt exactly 'lee'

Towels $1?? haha the mini hand towels werent even $1

So, inspired by this event, i thought it would be good to start a thread about crappy sales that arent all they are cracked up to be.
You may even save some poor unfortunate soul from the same disapointment.

What i would really REALLY like to know however, is;

Has anyone actually been to one of these sales? and if so, Have you actually come away with something worthwhile????

EDIT; Also, feel free to post any sales that are comming up that look good, or sales that you have been to that you recommend.

The good ones i know of are;

"the urban store' at warringah mall- up to 90% off sale (closing down)

The TSUBI warehouse sale-
9-10 july 422 cleveland st, surry hills

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
lol i have heard his ads b4, especially the "brand name lingere( or however its spelt) for like $5. now im not tempted to go. Ive been to the outlets in fox studios, but not the one ur talkin bout. I got sum good stuff from the FCUK and CK shops.. cheap too.

kaylz

HSC
My best sale was the David Jones underwear department after New Years. I picked up like 12 bras or something. A couple of Oroton, some CK. My CK ones were $12 each! And the Oroton were $10. I spent $150.

Lennie

go_swans said:
lol i have heard his ads b4, especially the "brand name lingere( or however its spelt) for like $5.
Haha yeah that was funny. I had a look at some of the underwear. they had a few bonds bras for 70% off the original price, but the funny thing was.... They had the original retail price as $50. i dont know anywhere that sells bonds t-shirt bras for 50 dollars....

The rest was pretty lame. you could buy it all cheaper, or for the same price at myer

Althea

EnterNameHere said:
We have all heard the annoyingly persistant ads on television, in which a guy with a serious throat infection screams into your living room for 60 seconds straight, without taking a single breath.
This so-called 'adverstising' usually features the "amazing" bargains that can be found at some wherehouse sale out in the middle of nowhere.
I always mute the TV or change the channel when these ads come on, but its impossible to escape from them. :chainsaw:
There is seriously something wrong with that guy... never has there been a commercial more disturbing.

EnterNameHere said:
So, inspired by this event, i thought it would be good to start a thread about crappy sales that arent all they are cracked up to be.
You may even save some poor unfortunate soul from the same disapointment.

What i would really REALLY like to know however, is;

Has anyone actually been to one of these sales? and if so, Have you actually come away with something worthwhile????
A friend of mine has been to a Bonds one before... apparently it wasn't worth the trip... everything was almost normal prices :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)