salut (1 Viewer)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
salut tout le monde. C'est mon premier "post", je suis une nouvelle personne sur cette site. Je ne suis pas bien au parler le francais. Je suis bien au ecoutez mais malheuresement mon ecrire c'est tres mal... :(

did that make any sense? man... i really need to learn to do all those writing exercises and learn tenses...

il y a cinq filles dans ma classe de francais au lycee. je suis en l'annee terminale au lycee. yay! Une fille, elle etudier le francais 3 unit. toutes les autres sont tres bien, et moi, je pense que je suis stupide. c'est ne pas juste...

ah well... a bientot.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Ok.. there was a reason i started a new thread, though i kinda forgot to write it down...
this is for people who cannot write french very well... but who want to try. as opposed to having a thread where everyone speaks french all the time, it would be good to have one where we can try to write things, and help each other to sort out the problems in our writing, whether they be grammatical errors, expression errors or just not knowing how to say what you want to.
let's hope this works...
please someone write something?

Serpentia

alors salut!

perhaps instead of " Je ne suis pas bien au parler le francais"

je ne peux pas parler beaucoup de francais

elle etudier - elle etudie

c'est ne pas juste... - ce n'est pas juste

c'est tout pour maitenant

C'est la vie

salut!

salut!

You're doing really well! Practise is the most important thing, and I suppose it's the thing we do least of all, because, being human, we're lazy creatures!

Mais, si tu veux recevoir les bonnes notes, tu doit etudier bien, est pratiques beaucoup. Je sais que quelquefois tu est comme 'ben, ouais, je m'en fou...ce n'est pas grave..ca va, ca va..' mais c'est importante que tu as la patience et la tenacite pour faire beaucoup de trucs - comme ton autres sujets, mais surtout le francais.

Mmm...and just a thing, but you probably know this already. You see how I write "tu doit etudier"...and the first verb is conjugated, but the second verb is the infinative? You basically never have two infinitives together....and I've found that knowing that rules makes like SO much easier :)

Katie xox

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
unfortunately, our teacher is too nice. she lets us not do homework and gives us extensions on everything. so i kinda put french last on any priority lists because i know i can get away with it. that's really bad. i hate tenses and conjugations. i don't get any of them, and there's way too many of them, passe compose, passe simple, present, futur, imparfait, conditionnel imparfait, and i'm sure there must be more than that. basically i need to learn all the rules and tenses again from year 7. :(

alors, vous etes allez a l'ecole ou l'universite? (that was really wrong) et vous etes french, ou peut-etre vous etudi le francais quand vous etes allez a l'ecole?

je suis tres fatiguee, mes examens, c'est le semaine prochaine. trois jours d'etudie tous mes matieres! mais, il y a un semaine de mes examens do francais, peut-etre il y a le temps d'apprendre un peu plus de francais.

alors, c'est tout!
a bientot!

C'est la vie

Salut!

Ca va? Bon chance pour les examens la semaine prochain. J'ai la fois dans vous! Toutes les choses seront bien, je promis :)

Je suis a l'ecole, fait l'HSC. C'est difficule, bien sur, mais pas imposible. Tu est dans quelle annee? C'est bien que ta prof est sympa, mais je vois que tu veut dire: tu as besoin d'un peu de...je ne sais pas la parole correcte,...'a push' lol.

You'll be right for your exams. Give me a yell if you need help with anything, and I'll see if I can explain....yeah?

Have a good weekend, don't study too hard!
Love Katie xoxo

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
mes examens commencer demain, avec l'anglais. a quel ecole vous soyez present?
this is sad... i need to go all the way back to year 7. and you know heaps more than me. i have to sit here with a dictionary, lol. oh well... i'll prob fail maths and chem but i should do ok in everything else, and my french marks won't be too bad cos i'm good at listening and reading. all i can do is study and hope for the best! thanks for your help so far.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by tomorrows_angel
salut tout le monde. C'est mon premier "post", je suis une nouvelle personne sur cette site. Je ne suis pas bien au parler le francais. Je suis bien au ecoutez mais malheuresement mon ecrire c'est tres mal... :(

did that make any sense? man... i really need to learn to do all those writing exercises and learn tenses...

il y a cinq filles dans ma classe de francais au lycee. je suis en l'annee terminale au lycee. yay! Une fille, elle etudier le francais 3 unit. toutes les autres sont tres bien, et moi, je pense que je suis stupide. c'est ne pas juste...

ah well... a bientot.
Ce n'est pas grave. Maintenant, on a besoin de travailler avec les conjugations :)

Si tu lis le truc en franais sur l'internt, je crois que tu vas amliorer naturellement :) (fr.yahoo.com) Essayer regarder les DVDs en franais avec les sous-titres franais

Si tu veux, on peut toujour t'aider ici. Cependant, de temps en temps, je me trompe aussi :(

'ce n'est pas juste' - negative goes first;)

chepas

HSC
Salut tous!

There's this really excellent site, dunno if you all know it already but it's at french.about.com , and it's really good because there's another set of forums to get addicted to (!), there is grammar stuff coming out of the ears and little test things and culture things and heaps of other stuff.

And an online dictionary that saves so much time flicking through a book when you just want a word or something and sitting in front of a comp on the nt.

www.wordreference.com

Neway, just thought I'd drop a link and a line!

Bonne chance pour vos tudes de franais!
Chpas :D

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
merci pour ton aider. that doesn't work does it.... oh well..
i didn't know about those sites chepas, merci.
je utiliser le translator sur www.dictionary.com, mais ce n'est pas bien parce-que les "translations" sont tres simple, ne pas comprehensifs.
is there any way to study french for exams? or to just read and listen to a lot in french?

chepas

HSC
Oui, tu as raison quand tu parles des 'translators' de l'internet. When you whack a big paragraph in, or even just a sentence, it comes out very impersonal and grammatically ick, even for a machine! So they're not very good to rely on.

Quick little note. utiliser - ER verb so the basic pattern, plus it starts with a vowel making it " j' ": ie, j'utilise, tu utilises, il utilise..

Which course of French are you doing, tomorrows? As from what I've been told by the language teachers, the way you study varies from course to course. With Beginners they seem to be very picky about grammar, probably because it's new and all the "foundations to be laid early" etc, so it could be good to revise those 'points de grammaire'... Try those past HSC papers if you haven't already, or if your teacher has old papers from your school's 1/2 yearlies/trial... they'll give you a good indication of what is in them.

Of course for cont/3U the impression they give me is that they're a bit less picky grammaire, but still a bit careful with it.

Any q's ask us :) . Though tonight i'm about to keel over onto my keyboard!

Donc je te dis bonne nuit!
Chpas :D

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i do french continuers, chepas. The thing is, in year 7 we had a REALLY bad teacher, so i never learnt anything about conjugations and tenses and that's screwed me up ever since. i know it's a bit late to be complaining now, but it's all the basics and the tenses that i don't understand. I'm going to have to go over everything in the holidays...
I would like a french tutor to catch up, but they seem to be few and far between, so it is too inconvenient for me, i don't have enough time as it is...
ah well.
mes examens pour le francais, ils sont demain. et apres ca, mon examen dans parler est en mercredi.

a bientot et merci encore!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
hmmm well it might be easy for you... but for me it's close to impossible, even with a good teacher.
Francais = tres difficile (ou peut-etre impossible!)
so yeah.
holidays!!! yay...
i have sooo much to do... oh well, party while i can right? before gettign stuck back into study.
have a nice holidays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)