SAM takes in scaling b/t schools? (1 Viewer)

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
does SAM provide for diff schools?

ie between selective and comprehensive or private?

or does it jus give a mark... cos i am seriously worried...

if i get every subject im doing over 90... i onli get a uai of 96.35... n thats a mile away from freakin combined law...

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
SAM uses your HSC marks, which have already been adjusted according to your class rank. The type of school you attend doesn't directly affect your UAI.

The Board of Studies does not take into account whether your school is selective/private/public, they just care about your class rank.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
that's the problem. you don't know what your marks at school mean when compared to the hsc marks you will get.

if you are at ruse, and topping your ext2 maths class with 60%, you can't just put 60 into sam, because that 60 will really be about 99 in the hsc.

what i am saying is that, imo, sam is useless for students wanting to predict what they will get, as there is no way for you to know what your assessments are like when compared to the state.

what you have to use sam for is to see the types of HSC marks you need to get to get the uai you want. and just work as hard as you can and do your best

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
thanks so much!

i came out wif 91 which is reali depressin seein i need 99.6 to get into the course i want...

but afta that explanation i feel better!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I doubt you'd need to need something that input's rank, rather marks instead, its pretty logical to find out the ranks from marks and Laz already made a program to do that...

But it would definitely be something working on.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jm1234567890
hmm.... that is an interesting idea
I really doubt it would be that possible jm, unless you were to also ask what rank your exam would have been etc.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
and that is impossible, class marks mean nothing, i doubt it could be done very accurately. especially with the board releasing only band 6s.

Originally posted by :: dreami ::
thanks so much!
no problem, glad i could help

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by iambored
what i am saying is that, imo, sam is useless for students wanting to predict what they will get, as there is no way for you to know what your assessments are like when compared to the state.

what you have to use sam for is to see the types of HSC marks you need to get to get the uai you want. and just work as hard as you can and do your best

yay someone smart!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
and that is impossible, class marks mean nothing, i doubt it could be done very accurately. especially with the board releasing only band 6s.

no problem, glad i could help

no, i disagree it could be used as a rough estimate of the % in state

E

eling

Originally posted by honky tonk
SAM uses your HSC marks, which have already been adjusted according to your class rank. The type of school you attend doesn't directly affect your UAI.

The Board of Studies does not take into account whether your school is selective/private/public, they just care about your class rank.

What's class rank?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
yay someone smart!
thanks for that, i made sense for once!
Originally posted by eling
What's class rank?
when you do assessments at school, your teachers keep a record ofthe rank of each student. your class rank is the rank you are in your class or grade in each subject when you have done your assessments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)