• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

sam/ uai seeker...which is more correct? (1 Viewer)

laura_h

HSC
hey guys
i was just wondering if someone could answer a question for me?

my friend uses the ozseek uai seeker and when you put the same marks in it and in sam, the results are very different...

does anyone know which is more correct/accurate?

thanks...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I would say that neither is meant to be precise - they are both rough estimates. You should focus more on working toward a goal rather than using a program to tell you that you will get it. But for the sake of completeness I would say that the JUAI seeker is the best at the moment. http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=72197

laura_h

HSC
i know they are just estimates, cos other factors like school rank etc have to be considered, but i was just wondering if people had past experience with both programs, and which one proved to be more accurate...

P

pLuvia

well, my friend's sister used SAM with her hsc marks and was .05 off~

laura_h

HSC
i'm just thinking that at the moment uai seeker may be more correct cos sam is still based on 03 data....

tennille

HSC
They are both quite accurate; JUAI seeker uses last year's data, and SAM 2003 data, as you have already mentioned. But since there is a trend in UAIs decreasing slightly every year based on the same marks, then clearly JUAI seeker would be closer to what you might get. However, you shouldn't completely assume that you will get close to that UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)