same course different uni...wats the diff? (2 Viewers)

Haks

HSC
hey...i have heard all different things about different courses being better at different unis? i mean, how do u determine if a course is better at a uni in comparison to another? like ive heard that unsw is better than commerce at usyd and stuff, but why is it better? can someone plz give me help on this issue...especially with regards to commerce? furthermore...if it really makes a difference which uni its at? thanks

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There are fairly big debates about which is better, but i suggest you discover which one you prefer for yourself.

Essentially tho,

Asian = UNSW
Curry = UTS
Mix = Usyd
Bogan/Wog = UWS

Have fun.

Haks

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
There are fairly big debates about which is better, but i suggest you discover which one you prefer for yourself.

Essentially tho,

Asian = UNSW
Curry = UTS
Mix = Usyd
Bogan/Wog = UWS

Have fun.
hahaha...ive heard the same...environments very important too

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Oh, I heard USyd was more Asians... and UNSW was more Mix... O_O...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No, that is... completely wrong. Not only are there more like... Australian asians at unsw, there are also more exchange student asians at unsw.

The University of New South China.

kyu_chan

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
No, that is... completely wrong. Not only are there more like... Australian asians at unsw, there are also more exchange student asians at unsw.

The University of New South China.
XD hahahaha!!!

Note: Nothing against them... since I'm one of them

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

Essentially tho,

Asian = UNSW
Curry = UTS
Mix = Usyd
Bogan/Wog = UWS

Have fun.
What about Macq?

Also, where are the quality females located? :) (not that I would base my decision on such a fact :p)

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ACU has alot of females because alot of teachers who want to teach in catholic schools go there i think...

Anyway, the hottest chicks are at usyd imo.

ioniser

HSC
hak52c said:
hey...i have heard all different things about different courses being better at different unis? i mean, how do u determine if a course is better at a uni in comparison to another? like ive heard that unsw is better than commerce at usyd and stuff, but why is it better? can someone plz give me help on this issue...especially with regards to commerce? furthermore...if it really makes a difference which uni its at? thanks

uai cutoffs is an inflation mark

the number of people demanding the course determine the cutoff(the more people the higher the cut off,it does not determine which course is better)

example unsw accepts 200 students for mechanical engineering,therefor they have a lower uai cutoff ,where as at sydney uni they dont accept as many poeple something like 50(not sure but alot less) hence higher uai

the uai cutoff is a rough estimate as to the lowest uai mark that people entered that course

from what i hear unsw is better than usyd for commerce as most business giants tend to go for unsw grads over usyd grads

unsw>uts>usyd

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
reputation.

employers apparantly prefer students from more prestigious unis

eg, USYD > UWS

plus some courses at different units are structured differently so you should read up on what suits you more.

UWS (where i currently am) has a structure that suits me the most, but USYD structure is just as good and has more prestige, so im trying to transfer from UWS to USYD.

HSC
N/A
somecooldude said:
macquarie is more asian too lol
Granted, the accounting/commerce at MQ is almost all asian.

However the other courses - namely SCMP (sociology, cultural studies, Media studies and philosophy), business and humanities are a mix.

kyu_chan

HSC
SweetSeasons said:
I went to UWS this year.. I never knew any asians before uni and yeah I love em
I know nothing of UWS...

SweetSeasons said:
lol, what??? They are the nicest people
Thank you *^^*

Haks

HSC
ioniser said:
from what i hear unsw is better than usyd for commerce as most business giants tend to go for unsw grads over usyd grads

unsw>uts>usyd
hmm...wish there were like actual stats and stuff. coz throughout this yr, i was pretty certain with usyd, went to their open day n stuff, i always thought unsw was more of a science place, but now im kinda confused, and i dont think uts offers commerce, theres is like b business i think..hmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)