samurai swords (1 Viewer)

BLACKBIRD.whs

HSC
you dont have to buy a steel katana. there are swords using other materials available, and they arent illegal. they are intended for training, props or ornamental purposes. if you want a real one im pretty sure there are laws restricting them but then again, ive never bothered. i have in my possesion a bluntened katana and iai. but i didnt buy them, they were lent to me from my sensai for training and for my extension two english video, and my art body of works. so...dont give up, but i wouldnt bother yourself trying to get a steel one. a real one, bluntened or not, im quite sure you wont be able to actually posess it for a while, theres a whole lota paperwork id imagine

X

xeuyrawp

Lexicographer said:
Those are illegal, even just possession (except within a martial arts context). That is, you may ONLY carry them to, from, and within practice of martial arts in a registered dojo. You CAN buy them from some martial arts suppliers, but you need to be registered with a dojo.
That's correct. I study a martial art, and my instructor's always telling me "make sure your shit's locked", because he got pulled over late one night coming home from a seminar just as a routine police stop, and ended up getting warned about his weapons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)