Sara Bisel...Can anyone help please? (1 Viewer)

babylupin

HSC
Okay, on of the questions on my ancient hostory assignment is:

Evaluate the limitaions and reliability of evidence in relation to our inderstanding of Pompeuu and Herculanuem. You should not only consider pliny the Younger but also evidence of recent historians such as Sara Bisel and Haruldur Sigurdsson.

I am finding it hard to find any quotes of Sara Bisels' to use.

i was curious as to whether any body here might know where i could obtain them?

or if any knew some they were willing to share?

Please and Thank You.

:)

bbylpn

Loza33

HSC
Sara Bisel also studied their bones, and began to evaluate some of the health problems that the populations of Pompeii and Herculaneum suffered from; such as a lack of iron due tot he brittleness of their bones, and a lot of hard manual labour due to their bones.....

Anyway see if you can find;

"Cities of Vesusvius, Pompeii and Herculaneum" Pamela Bradley

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Loza33 said:
Anyway see if you can find;

"Cities of Vesusvius, Pompeii and Herculaneum" Pamela Bradley
Bradleys book wouldn't be recommended for this topic. It would be much more useful to obtain a book that follows the syllabus outline such as:

Pompeii and Herculaneum: Interpresting the evidence, Brian Brennan and Estelle Lazer

or what I see as a summary of the above book (lol)

Secrets of Vesuvius: Unlocking the sources from Pompeii and Herculaneum, Kate Cameron and Jennifer Lawless

babylupin

HSC
thank you very much. I tried that Interpreting the Evidence book. IT is really good. Thank You. The assignment was due last Monday. We shoudl be getting it back soon. I shall let you people know. Thank you very much for everyone's help and input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)