Sarah Palin...again. (1 Viewer)

Scissors

HSC
fucking lol. i've no idea how the people of alaska voted her in as governor.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What a non-story. It wasnt being slaughtered, it was being held. But it's hardly bad for her at any rate. The pics of her dressing a moose, shooting wolves from a helicopter etc worked very well for her. Showed a toughness that a good looking female politician needs. Also showed her being somewhat in touch/at ease with life on the land, unpleasant realities etc.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
katie tully said:
Who cares, turkey is a delicious bird.
Um, she was granting a pardon to a lucky turkey, kt.

I didn't post it in uproar, hence it's in L&O news. It's just funny, that's all.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Um, she was granting a pardon to a lucky turkey, kt.

I didn't post it in uproar, hence it's in L&O news. It's just funny, that's all.
No I meant, apparently PETA and animal rights groups are going off.

I was merely saying who cares if the turkey dies, turkey is delicious

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
katie tully said:
No I meant, apparently PETA and animal rights groups are going off.

I was merely saying who cares if the turkey dies, turkey is delicious
Hahaha, PETA.

Agreed, turkey is delicious + cranberry sauce.

Lentern

HSC
Iron said:
What a non-story. It wasnt being slaughtered, it was being held. But it's hardly bad for her at any rate. The pics of her dressing a moose, shooting wolves from a helicopter etc worked very well for her. Showed a toughness that a good looking female politician needs. Also showed her being somewhat in touch/at ease with life on the land, unpleasant realities etc.
No it didn't, it made her look like she was out of her league, a clumsy amateur with gumption amongst a wave of suits. Yes that made her well liked but it does nothing for her electorally. Most people vote for who they think will be the best governor/prime minister/president, not who they have a greater personal liking for.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lentern said:
No it didn't, it made her look like she was out of her league, a clumsy amateur with gumption amongst a wave of suits. Yes that made her well liked but it does nothing for her electorally. Most people vote for who they think will be the best governor/prime minister/president, not who they have a greater personal liking for.
lol ok, lets kick this around. Frankly, I thought it looked staged. She even said that she'll probably be criticised for being there - hinting that only animal-rights nuts/usual lefty suspects would have a problem with a turkey being killed for human consumption.
I think that people should vote for who they think will govern best, not who they like best, but do you have any evidence that they do? I'll offer the defeats of Keating, Howard and even McCain as instances where the electorate snubbed ability and experience over a newer, less demanding face

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)