Save NCAP- a Spirituality and Theology Forum (3 Viewers)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
NCAP has endured the cringe-worthy theological arguments of the religiously convicted for far too long.

Fellow secularists, if you have any love left for NCAP you will join me in the cry for the creation of a new forum, the Spirituality and Theology forum, in order to give the lesser folk a place of their own where they can argue without compromise, hindered by their religions for as long as their deities please.

A crime it is, that I should have to scroll down to find the IR reform thread. NCAP has long been in decline but I for one will not stand idly by while it is overun by the unworthy, not in my time. The old guard must take action- they know who they are.

Moderator- I charge you- clean up this forum! Rule, Politics! Onwards!

HSC
You shall be damned to hell for all eternity for going against the commandment of god in issueing that blasphemous bost.

Even Buddha doesn't like you.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I hate arguing religion, purely because the other side refuses to be logical :(

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Boy you think this is bad, remember the 'Does God exist?' thread?

malkin86

HSC
Hey, that was fun! :p Currently there is a 'what is your religion' thread in the Hobbies subforum, but there is no specific place on BoS for religion, other than the HSC and VCE courses, of course.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Make it a non-school sub forum!:p
Hobbies and Interests sounds the most like it but.

Riewe

HSC
That would be a good idea, as people lke you won't be whingeing that these religious views are posted on a so-called "secularist' forum. This would leave those topics on the specalist board only for those interested in acutally discussing the topic rather than people like you who see it as a blight in this forum

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I am interested in discussing the topic, just not with the current group.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
leetom said:
Fellow secularists, if you have any love left for NCAP you will join me in the cry for the creation of a new forum, the Spirituality and Theology forum, in order to give the lesser folk a place of their own where they can argue without compromise, hindered by their religions for as long as their deities please.
And thus the elitism begins...

X

xeuyrawp

Xayma said:
Make it a non-school sub forum!:p
Hobbies and Interests sounds the most like it but.
hahahaha *hifives*.

Personally, I think it should be in here. Religion is the opiate of the masses. :)

AsyLum said:
Yeah, us secularists think we're so fucking elite by using our brains. :rolleyes:

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I'm sorry, the starting post was a bit emotional. But you have to understand how saddening it is to get home from work at two in the morning to find that the most recent addition to your favourite politics forum is a 'why I believe in God but do not have a religion' thread.

I have no qualms in expressing a superiority over the religious.

Make it a non-school sub forum!
Or something similar to the Light and Offbeat forum perhaps, or just move all the current religious threads in NCAP over to Light and Offbeat. I don't see anything wrong in categorising threads on religion and threads on men cutting off their genitals together.

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ethics often has a legal ramification, in a similar way any laws or current affair pieces (such as intelligent design) could still be debated.

Philosophy maybe, given that various religions lead to different philosophies (eg Christianity nihlism).

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
You've got to love the left.. :cool:

They purport to "Actively" promote diversity of opinion, the freedom of choice, respect for belief and the equality of all... :rolleyes:

..yet as soon as these characteristics in other individuals remotely differ to their own, the talk of subservience and inferiority emerge in their writing..

..faith is something that extends far beyond an so-called 'intellectual reasoning'. The so-called freedom of thought that is supposedly aligned with the leftist concepts should actively nurture the right of any indivdual to believe in what they choose and equally support his/her quest to voice that particular belief. If one see's a 'religious' thread that they 'believe' to be absurd, the action is simple. Do not click on it and proceed to ignore it; hail the existence of choice..

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
frog12986 said:
You've got to love the left.. :cool:

They purport to "Actively" promote diversity of opinion, the freedom of choice, respect for belief and the equality of all... :rolleyes:

..yet as soon as these characteristics in other individuals remotely differ to their own, the talk of subservience and inferiority emerge in their writing..

..faith is something that extends far beyond an so-called 'intellectual reasoning'. The so-called freedom of thought that is supposedly aligned with the leftist concepts should actively nurture the right of any indivdual to believe in what they choose and equally support his/her quest to voice that particular belief. If one see's a 'religious' thread that they 'believe' to be absurd, the action is simple. Do not click on it and proceed to ignore it; hail the existence of choice..
Note that the majority of the people arguing against the theists in the forum are actually from the right.

Comrade nathan

HSC
I think if we made another forum for "Religion, philosophy, ethics, political economy and social sciences" it would clean up the News, Current Affairs & Politics, by giving a place for alot of threads that want to talk generally about theory. This would mean the NCAP forum would have to stay clean of this and only the discussion of relevant things should go on.

It may also stop the threads going off topic. For instance nearly ever news article about Muslims ends up going into a discussion about the religion. If we give a place for this discussion we may stop threads from going off topic.

Another hopefull effect of creating a forum for indepth theory is it may raise the level of discussion to reasonable level for discussing such things.

X

xeuyrawp

withoutaface said:
Note that the majority of the people arguing against the theists in the forum are actually from the right.
That's an interesting observation -- possibly just because you're a righty and atheist?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
PwarYuex said:
That's an interesting observation -- possibly just because you're a righty and atheist?
Agnostic, yes. But then again most non-conservatives on the right are fiercely secular.

X

xeuyrawp

withoutaface said:
Agnostic, yes. But then again most non-conservatives on the right are fiercely secular.
Ah, I get your point. It's probably true because people who are not right-for-the-sake-of-right actually think about what they're doing -- hence, secularists. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)