Saxophonists Unite! (1 Viewer)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
I know we are outnumbered by the bass players and trumpeters but lets stick it to the man and show them why the sax is the king of the instrument kingdom!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
saxomaphones are tha bomb

the other girl who did music 2 with me was a saxomaphoner...

damn she knew how to toot

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
hahahahaha, when you get moved to Imortant status and have more than 100 post you will have my praise :p

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
we saxophonists do not need the praise of mere trumpeters...our instruments should be worshiped and loved forever by all humanity.
Just joking. I love the trumpet. But i mean, the history and emotion and intensity associated with the saxophone is just so wonderful, I dont know why anyone would ever want to play anything else....
timyates_87, how long have u played? You seem like the marching band kinda guy to me, or are u into jazz?
I wonder how many sax players there are doing their HSC in 2005....
Hmmm....

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Meh, why you want to be praised by timyates_87 anyway - i mean the number of posts have nothing to do with the fact that trumpets are cool or whatever.

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
demosthenes said:
timyates_87, how long have u played? You seem like the marching band kinda guy to me, or are u into jazz?
ahh no... niether, there is more to trumpet than Marching Bands and Jazz... personally i am into Classical as in Orchestras. and Brass Ensembles and stuff

geeez ppl around here need to lighten up!! do you really think i was serious..

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
hmmm....well i suppose. I am into my classical, but i dont know how you can find more from any musical form than you can from playing jazz...i mean, jazz for me is the embodiment of what music means- a communication of the soul.
Corny, I know. But true!
Tim, were u in spec?
Hey alto person! I also play the noble alto! CHEERS!

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
lol Trumpeters...
trumpets are very cool... do you guys double on fugel horns or something?? or no doubling yet?

Alto is very noble :D Jazz Alto is even better... Charlie Parker, Cannonball Adderly, etc. :) Love it

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
noel_gallagher said:
saxamaphones are cool.

But not as cool as the bass.
hey your sig is cool. A famous quote by trumpeter Wynton Marsalis is "No motion - no rhythm; no rhythm - no music" which is exactly what ur sig means. Yeah!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
demosthenes said:
hmmm....well i suppose. I am into my classical, but i dont know how you can find more from any musical form than you can from playing jazz...i mean, jazz for me is the embodiment of what music means- a communication of the soul.
Corny, I know. But true!
Tim, were u in spec?
Hey alto person! I also play the noble alto! CHEERS!
yeah thats true - Jazz is like a language in itself... with classical music, there is a certain way in which you are expected to play... but with jazz you can fully express yourself, and there is no right or wrong because YOU are creating the music...

and nondil... what do u mean by doubling flugel horn??? like in big bands or what?

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Yeh, i love the saxophone. More than anything. Hey trumpet_geek, what big bands do you play in man?

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
Yea well, don't most serious trumpeters double on fugel horns for orchestras and stuf??
caus most serious sax players double on everything from a flute to a bas clarinet...

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
well i started music when i was 3 on piano, and then dropped it when i picked up the sax when I was 7. I am 17 now and i feel like i have the hang of it. But like any instrument, you are always learning more, and pushing your musical boundaries. I suppose thats the beauty of it. I dont think i will ever "master" it...which is sad, but it is also stimulating me to practice more and become a better muso.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
yea i started around the same time as you. 7-8 or something.
and i think ive got the hang of it lol. but not a master... it takes a lifetime to become a 'master' lol.

DaRanjed

lol Ok, I don't really mean master master.
I mean...how long does it take a person to be able to play good enough to perform in public without embarrassing yourself? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)