SC 2007 - Science (1 Viewer)

militiaman

HSC
I was really tired during the second half of this.

In the first half I was absolutely pissed because the whole school was having lunch outside our hall, and the noise was so distracting. Thankfully I got a chance to go back through some of these questions.

Multiple choice and the word response section was probably one of the easiest I've seen in terms of required knowledge. Half of the response thing at the end was based on the stimulus book. OK, here's some questions I'm wondering about:

- Light is not a reactant of photosynthesis, right? (It's sort of like burning)
- I put nitrogen oxide from fertiliser was the one from least human activity, though I can see that it could also be methane. I argued against putting methane due to the fact that farming cattle and rice are heavily human activities.
- What graph did you guys put for the acceleration of a ball down a ramp. I had no clue after I thought about it, I think I put the straight line going at a 45 degree angle from (0,0)
- Was it combustion or decomposition in that calcium carbonate reaction?

Anyway the rest of it was fairly easy, shoot a little bull here, shoot a little bull there, probably >90% in this section for me.

Unless I stuffup on a lot of multiple choice (like the ones above) then I should get a band 6.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
From first look,

1. Light is not a reactant of photosynthesis.
2. Calcium carbonate decomposes to from carbon dioxide and calcium oxide.

HSC
- Light is not a reactant of photosynthesis, right? (It's sort of like burning) it was water and carbon dioxide
- I put nitrogen oxide from fertiliser was the one from least human activity, though I can see that it could also be methane. I argued against putting methane due to the fact that farming cattle and rice are heavily human activities. ( I think it was the other one not co2, methane, or nitoros oxide)
- What graph did you guys put for the acceleration of a ball down a ramp. I had no clue after I thought about it, I think I put the straight line going at a 45 degree angle from (0,0) (thats what i had)
- Was it combustion or decomposition in that calcium carbonate reaction? (not sure)

backrowcentre

HSC
Militiaman, I'm pretty sure the graph you chose was the correct one as I chose that answer too, and it was one of the vary few answers I was kind of sure about. Hence, I cannot answer your other questions...I can't even remember them, argh.

N.O.U.B

HSC
N/A
2days outcome

who else thinks they did really bad in SC science

Last edited:

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
The satellites annoyed me a little bit.
And I think I did well on the waves one, though I wouldn't put money on it, and I don't actually remember what they were so can't discuss it lol

jellybelly59

HSC
i actually have the waves going down towards the earth... because it says once it goes to 180km the satellite has a few hrs b4 dropping to earth because of atmospheric drag.... acceleration due to the drag i had was south west.... and i think i put the weight in the same position as one of the arrows.... i don't know how weight would go up but.... even if gravity were 0 in space would not necesssarily mean it'd go up right....? kujah confirm plz :D

tanna

HSC
Well I thought it was pretty good overall - the multiple choice and word responces were easy. The last question had me kinda stumped. And I completely forgot about the experiment at the end so I was rushing to write it down in the last 2 minutes. Oh well!

For the acceleration graph, I put the curvy one... woops :headbang: The reactant is the substance initially present in a chemical reaction, so it must have been the first two...I don't really remember.

Hope everyone did OK! :)

toby12

HSC
The least human activity one was water vapour. it said in the paragraph thing the 3 main ones and water vapour wasn't one.

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
I found the whole exam pretty simple. I studied all the notes that are on the notes page here. I realised halfway through that I prolly did'nt need all of the information. But, the satelite question was kinda weird i had to think for about 5 minutes. LOL I was the last one to finish in my test room. Everyone was pissed at me lol. :rofl:
Cant wait for Maths, Non-Calculator Fail YEW!

toby12

HSC
The least human activity one was water vapour. it said in the paragraph thing the 3 main ones and water vapour wasn't one.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Re: Failed

D347H574R said:
Hey dude there are sveral other topics discussin todays exams
Umm... so? They're both on different topics anyhow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)