• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SC Results Thread (3 Viewers)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Re: 2008SC SC Results ~

nottellingu said:
Dude remember how we cared ?
And then we realised it meant nothing haha :haha:

But guys its not a reflection of how ur going to go in the hsc
Keep working hard !!! :read:
haha i never cared mate :p

Cardea

HSC

blackratpoo said:
still phenomenal marks! if i get what you got.....i would scream in enjoyment!

has any1 noticed that a lot of people are saying that the exam they thought they went the best in was actually their worst and vise versa?

Actually, the one subject that I probably put in the least effort turned out to be my highest. The funny thing is, I've always managed to top geography in the past few years without having really done much.

byakuya kuchiki

HSC

ah wells i cant find my reserved space in this thread...lols anyways heres my SC marks just got them today >.<

English: 85 :(
Maths: 92
Science: 89 *insert swear word/words here*
History: 91
Geo: 89 *insert swear word/words here*
Computer: 90 T.T

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

byakuya kuchiki said:
ah wells i cant find my reserved space in this thread...lols anyways heres my SC marks just got them today >.<

English: 85 :(
Maths: 92
Science: 89 *insert swear word/words here*
History: 91
Geo: 89 *insert swear word/words here*
Computer: 90 T.T
that is good! two 89s though.... *ouch*

i'm be hoping to get something liek that, although i'd :chainsaw: myself if i get 89s :eek:
-

i got 95 for my Maths Trial.. so i'd be really disappointed if i didn't get at least 96 for Maths

Last edited:

Deer

Premium Member
HSC

YAY I JUST GOT MINE BACK TODAY :D :D :D
I did fairly well, except missed out on a band 6 in maths by 2 marks. Dissapointing >.> To be honest though I didnt expect one :haha:

English = 95 B6
Mathematics = 88 B5 :mad:
Science = 97 B6 ( !!! )
Geography = 94 B6
History = 93 B6
Computers = 94 HC

And I did well in my report too. All ticks for everything outstanding except for one high in maths.

Last edited:

Cardea

HSC

Deer said:
YAY I JUST GOT MINE BACK TODAY :D :D :D
I did fairly well, except missed out on a band 6 in maths by 2 marks. Dissapointing >.> To be honest though I didnt expect one :haha:

English = 95 B6
Mathematics = 88 B5 :mad:
Science = 97 B6 ( !!! )
Geography = 94 B6
History = 93 B6
Computers = 94 HC

And I did well in my report too. All ticks for everything outstanding except for one high in maths.
That's really good!! Congrats :uhhuh:

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A

Cardea said:
Well done guys :uhhuh:

I posted my results in the other thread, but I may as well do it here too:

English - 88 Band 5 *cringe* Very disappointed..
Maths - 95
Science - 97
Geography - 98
History - 95
Computing - 94

I wanted straight band 6s! And english.. it's always been one of my best subjects. I totally stuffed it up though. I thought I'd be able to scrape in with at least a 90..
lol I'm in the exact same boat! English has always been my strongest subject. I even managed to top the grade again consecutively.

I also felt that I would do quite good in english (at least a 93) but sadly ended up with an 89! My english teacher even said she dreaded this, lol she was expecting me to get the band 6 for the class.

Cardea

HSC

Lol, I topped the grade consecutively too! I just bombed the actual SC english exam..
I was actually afraid of my english result, it was the one thing I dreaded most. I was the idiot who didn't see the last question of the short response section, so that was 3 marks gone already. I just didn't expect so many marks deducted! I felt generally happy with how I went after the exam. When I explained this to my english teacher today, he responded with "We thought something must have gone wrong.." lol.

Still, that's a very good result paradox1345. You should be proud - you were one away from band 6!

camomile.tea

HSC

Test results:
English - 91 (lol, barely over the line for band 6!)
Mathematics - 95
Science - 96
Geography - 98
History - 96
Computing skills - 96

My parents don't realise the SC isn't important, so I'll use it for bargaining with them :)

The tests were dodgy. Some people I know who didn't perform as well as they'd expected, I think would totally kick ass next year. As for me, I'm scared as hell!

Last edited:

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A

Cardea said:
Lol, I topped the grade consecutively too! I just bombed the actual SC english exam..
I was actually afraid of my english result, it was the one thing I dreaded most. I was the idiot who didn't see the last question of the short response section, so that was 3 marks gone already. I just didn't expect so many marks deducted! I felt generally happy with how I went after the exam. When I explained this to my english teacher today, he responded with "We thought something must have gone wrong.." lol.

Still, that's a very good result paradox1345. You should be proud - you were one away from band 6!
Thanks. Your results are great also!

camomile.tea said:
Test results:
English - 91 (lol, barely over the line for band 6!)
Mathematics - 95
Science - 96
Geography - 98
History - 96
Computing skills - 96

My parents don't realise the SC isn't important, so I'll use it for bargaining with them :)

The tests were dodgy. Some people I know who didn't perform as well as they'd expected, I think would totally kick ass next year. As for me, I'm scared as hell!
lol great job with your bands.

blackratpoo

HSC

lol camomile.

ive topped the year in geo all year and i know i bombed but my teacher is expecting 98+ which is a ridiculous expectation and i know i bombed in mc for just making the easiest mistakes so he is probably crushed with my result right now. im dreading gettin my marks back 4 that coz all the other teachers dont give a crap.....im like.....kool..........but its worse when you know ur gonna get the teacher back in yr11. they dont understand it means jack sh&% or maybe they do but they still push........anyway i dont really give a shit coz ity means nofin.

GREAT RESULTS SO FAR. I HAVNT SEEN THE 100 IN COMPUTING SKILLS WHICH IS SUPRISING BUT SOO MANY HIGH 90'S.

eels.x3

HSC

WOAH everyone did so well ! :D

I got :

English - 85 - (B5)
Maths - 86 - (B5)
Science - 88 - (B5)
Geography - 76 - (B4)
History - 76 - (B4)
Computing - 98 - (Highly Competent)

i'm happy with 80+
bombed out in his/geo, got the same marks for both haha
i got the same mark for both in trials as well
i think i have the worst results posted up.. didn't even get one band 6 (computing doesn't count)
although i'm pretty happy with my results seeing as though i didn't really study
i didn't expect band 5 for english and maths tbh
gonna try harder next year haha :haha:

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ! ;)

Last edited:

zaa

HSC

Cardea said:
I was the idiot who didn't see the last question of the short response section, so that was 3 marks gone already.
Hey me too! I felt like kicking myself once I found out.

I got

English - 88
Maths - 95
Science - 89
Geography - 95
History - 98
Computers - 96

Thought I would've done so badly in Geography, I did that ecological sustainability extended in the last 10 minutes!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

zaa said:
Hey me too! I felt like kicking myself once I found out.

I got

English - 88
Maths - 95
Science - 89
Geography - 95
History - 98
Computers - 96

Thought I would've done so badly in Geography, I did that ecological sustainability extended in the last 10 minutes!
Hehe, for geography I worked backwards because I thought I was really bad for time and I thought I had spent way too long on History and now I only had like 30 mins for the Geography paper. Turns out there was another hour to go :p So I went back and re-read it all. I did it fast, but it was everything I knew and best i could really word it anyway! :p

Still waiting for my marks back! :(

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Cardea said:
Overall results:

English - 88 - so so so so so so disappointed; I usually do quite well in English...
Maths - 95
Science - 97
Geography - 98
History - 95
Computing - 94

Happy with everything except english :(

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE with their awesome results!
They are REALLY good marks! Congrats. Too bad about english if you were hoping/expecting more... but it's still very good. Not a lot of students get that high marks in subjects... :p

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My school has them but won't give them to the kids yet... :( I will get mine on Monday! I just want a peek... :p

Cardea

HSC
I'm sure you'll do great! Just a little longer to wait.. be sure to tell us how you go =)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Cardea said:
I'm sure you'll do great! Just a little longer to wait.. be sure to tell us how you go =)
Shall do! I better add another 5 marks to match everyone else's in the forum... :p nah, I'll be right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)