Scaled marks or raw marks? (1 Viewer)

Moey2519

HSC
When we get our results on December 16th, will they be scaled or just raw marks?

leehuan

HSC
Just to make sure you're aware of what's what

Internals are first moderated

BOSTES does the alignment - Given to you on HSC results
UAC does the scaling - I'm not sure if scaled marks are distributed but they're what's used to find your ATAR.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I think when most people ask "scaled or raw?", by "scaled", they just refer to "something has been done to our raw marks". Most people don't know or care what the actual terms or procedures are, they just use "scale" to refer to a generic process meaning non-raw (i.e. adjusted).

leehuan

HSC
I think when most people ask "scaled or raw?", by "scaled", they just refer to "something has been done to our raw marks". Most people don't know or care what the actual terms or procedures are, they just use "scale" to refer to a generic process meaning non-raw (i.e. adjusted).
You're not wrong.

'Scaling' is typically a colloquial term which actually refers to three different processes - paraphrased from Eddie Woo

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
You're not wrong.

'Scaling' is typically a colloquial term which actually refers to three different processes - paraphrased from Eddie Woo
Yeah it seems to be the most natural phrase to use when you want to refer to adjusting of marks without caring about which process is actually at play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)