• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scaling/aligning of HSC marks (1 Viewer)

Skeptyks

HSC
So I was reading this Rumour... Maybe? and read this
Not correct.

You would be excluded from the moderation process for your school cohort so the aberrant mark doesn't affect them, but in the end you would retain your own examination mark. (Only exception is if an illness/misadventure appeal has been upheld)

What you describe is what would happen if there was an upheld misadventure appeal
and reminded me of something I had thought about for a long time...

I was just wondering, will my marks get 'dragged' or 'scaled down' if I am in a school of ranking 270-300 for 2010 according to HSC School Rankings and have the current ranks which I hope to maintain and even improve on over the next year.
Mathematics: 1/30
Maths Ext 1: 1/10
English Advanced: 2/30
Japanese: 1/6 (Dropping next year, however. Don't ask me why or suggest for me to keep it, I believe it will be a 'waste' of time for me and I really am not that good at it)
Economics: 1/8
Ancient History: 2/20
Earth and Environmental Science: 15/25 (Something like that, dropping this too next year)

Sorry if I didn't read the thread before clearly and if this exact question was answered in it. Thanks in advance for any help :]

Last edited:

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Ok well to me I think you're doing pretty good XD. So unless you fail your external exams you should be alright. But since I don't really get the scaling and aligning stuff. I'll leave it to the other peeps.

btw link doesn't work for the thread :p

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Ok well to me I think you're doing pretty good XD. So unless you fail your external exams you should be alright. But since I don't really get the scaling and aligning stuff. I'll leave it to the other peeps.

btw link doesn't work for the thread :p

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The school rank itself doesn't directly drag you down, but it can screw you if you do badly externally (as the other people are more likely to not perform well). But your ranks are good and as long as you do decently externally (as in the top few marks externally), your cohort won't really impact you.

Skeptyks

HSC
The school rank itself doesn't directly drag you down, but it can screw you if you do badly externally (as the other people are more likely to not perform well). But your ranks are good and as long as you do decently externally (as in the top few marks externally), your cohort won't really impact you.
Thankyou :D

DARA92

HSC
N/A
So I was reading this http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php/261041-Rumour...-maybe and read this and reminded me of something I had thought about for a long time...

I was just wondering, will my marks get 'dragged' or 'scaled down' if I am in a school of ranking 270-300 for 2010 according to http://images.smh.com.au/file/2010/12/15/2097102/HSC%20Performance%202010.pdf and have the current ranks which I hope to maintain and even improve on over the next year.
Mathematics: 1/30
Maths Ext 1: 1/10
English Advanced: 2/30
Japanese: 1/6 (Dropping next year, however. Don't ask me why or suggest for me to keep it, I believe it will be a 'waste' of time for me and I really am not that good at it)
Economics: 1/8
Ancient History: 2/20
Earth and Environmental Science: 15/25 (Something like that, dropping this too next year)

Sorry if I didn't read the thread before clearly and if this exact question was answered in it. Thanks in advance for any help :]
Your ranking is amazing..........which shcool is it?

Skeptyks

HSC
Your ranking is amazing..........which shcool is it?
Well it's not as if its James Ruse, nor am I James Ruse material. Anyway, enough with the stereotyping. I'm not going to tell you which school I go to .-. Just have a guess, ranking 270-300.

Oh, I fixed the links btw.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)