scaling and the bands (1 Viewer)

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
:p :mad1: :mad1: :bomb: :cold: :giddy: :sleep: :vcross: ;) wat does general maths scale like...
hmm i wonder wat the bands will be..
will the bands be
band 6 85+ as normal
""""" 5 70+
""""" 4 55+
""""" 3 40+
""""" 2 25+
"""""1 0-25

what do you think

HSC
notnownotever said:
:p :mad1: :mad1: :bomb: :cold: :giddy: :sleep: :vcross: ;) wat does general maths scale like...
hmm i wonder wat the bands will be..
will the bands be
band 6 85+ as normal
""""" 5 70+
""""" 4 55+
""""" 3 40+
""""" 2 25+
"""""1 0-25

what do you think
i sure hope so, coz hen im getting band 5. still, wudda been nice if i hadnt made all those dopey mistakes that cost me

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
Albert K. Holic said:
i sure hope so, coz hen im getting band 5. still, wudda been nice if i hadnt made all those dopey mistakes that cost me
preach it brother i agree.. its like that for most subjects if it is like that i'm in line for a low banmd 6

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I may just scrape into a band 6, but who knows!

Cab31

HSC
i dont get it. how can an 85 be a band six...dont you have to get 90+ to get a band six?

[caity]

i thought that when they brought in the so called "new" hsc they were getting rid of the whole scaling aspect.....n thats why people did shit in their hsc wen this new version came out people were getting like 30 for their UAI n shit cuz no1 was being scaled anymore???? well atleast thats what ive been told about a million times

Farkette

HSC
sweet jesus..

it pains me to see how very little many hsc students actually know about the whole marking/scaling/uai process............!

holy sheeat i certainly can not be bothered explaining it, but im so glad personally to have had teachers who actually know whats going on and actually inform students of it.....

sheesh, if someone thinks theyll get a decent uai of x (of course this is what they seem to deem themselves to be worthy of), and get 30,
they really dont know jack shit about the system, AND themselves and really need to think about ur expectations of urself vs reality

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
wat the g are u on about

Farkette said:
it pains me to see how very little many hsc students actually know about the whole marking/scaling/uai process............!

holy sheeat i certainly can not be bothered explaining it, but im so glad personally to have had teachers who actually know whats going on and actually inform students of it.....

sheesh, if someone thinks theyll get a decent uai of x (of course this is what they seem to deem themselves to be worthy of), and get 30,
they really dont know jack shit about the system, AND themselves and really need to think about ur expectations of urself vs reality

bro wat are on about
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

shannonm

HSC
N/A
if the average raw mark of the state was 95%
and you get 85%
you may think you did great with a mark of 85%, but relative to the rest of the state it's shithouse, and you will be dissapointed in the band your given.
it's the same if the average was 30% and you get 50%.
you may think you did shit but your cohort did even worse, thus you would easily band 6 it (in that case scenario).

i dont know why your all happy your test was easy as shit, pretty much everyone who sat it thought it was easy as shit ( i know there are exceptions), thus your performance relative to others may (or may not) be bad, and thus you get a shit band and wonder why ??

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Ok Bands and Scaling are completely unrelated.

The aligning of your exam marks into Bands has nothing to do with the performance of the rest of the people who did the exam. It is determined by a committee who decides how hard they feel the exam was.

'Band 6' is not defined as a 90+ raw mark, the band cutoffs vary from year to year depending on the aligning profile.

I didn't sit the General exam so I can't comment on what I think aligning will be like this year

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i always thought that band 6 was 90+... but i could be wrong.

my thought was:
band 6 = 90-100
band 5 = 80-90
band 4 = 70-80
band 3 = 60-70
band 2 = 50-60
band 1 = 0-50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)