Scaling for my situation (1 Viewer)

Plonker

HSC
I've already read the stickies on scaling however the information there is very generalised and I still have questions :p

So I'm ranked 10th out of 14 in Economics. But, I go to a school which is always ranked in the top 50 and 8 out of 14 of the economics students to Ext 2 Maths. Basically, I have a really smart cohort.

If I'm achieving just below the average mark but my whole class (including me) does really well in the HSC exam, will I still achieve a high mark? Or is it better for me in subjects like Modern History where I'm ranked 2/15 and do well in the external exam, but my classmates are far less competent.

Cheers. Sorry for asking this question, I'm sure you're sick of it.

D94

HSC
N/A
The best situation, regardless of your rank, is to do as well as possible in school and as well as possible in the HSC exam, individually and collectively.

Being as close as possible to first, whilst collectively achieving good marks in the exam, will mean your school marks will be adjusted to reflect that performance.

There's no hard answer to your question. If your cohort is really that smart, I'm sure you guys can figure this out. All the information can be found here: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc-results/moderation.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)