Scaling in options? (1 Viewer)

Titburger

HSC
I did Chemistry of Art and don't know pretty much anyone else who did so just wondering if they are scaled against each other?

Titburger

HSC
yea itl be scaled against each other.

howd u find art?
Better than alot of the past papers. The ligands part had me stumped for a while but I think I got it in the end. The rest was heaps good, the 7 mark question to me pretty much said "Please write everything you know" haha

fuller45

HSC
Really? I thought the 7 marker was hard for chem of art. Didn't know what to write about. Had no info at all on pigments other then natural earth ones.
the rest of the section was pretty easy, didn't ask for any of the crazy experiments.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
how does scaling for options work? i thought they just add up our marks out of 100 and work it out from there regardless of what option we do

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I don't teach any science but from what I understand there is a Core and then some Optional topics like the Histories.

As a result they scale the options against the core (this is weighted mark that you often see referred to). This is done in case one or more of the options are considerably harder or easier than others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)