Scaling of ACCT2542 marks? (1 Viewer)

otherside

Im really scared that i failed the acct2542 final yesterday and i dont want to get a UF mark. Can anyone tell me whether the raw marks for the final exam will be scaled in any way?

Acid

HSC
otherside said:
Im really scared that i failed the acct2542 final yesterday and i dont want to get a UF mark. Can anyone tell me whether the raw marks for the final exam will be scaled in any way?
I think it really depends on how everyone else goes - i.e., if the mean is a fail, they'll probably scale it.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Thats right. Scaling depends on the lecturer and the class. If the overall mark is too low, the lecturer can choose to scale the marks before submitting them to have a higher average. Some lecturers don't scale at all, some do.

otherside

thanks for that guys, but anyone tell me whether this was done in the past for this course?

ace

is retired
HSC
achieve a satisfactory level of performance in the final
exam. This usually means a minimum mark of 50%. Any
student having an overall mark of 50 or more but less
than 50% in the final examination will be given an UF
(unsatisfactory fail) or be asked to sit a supplementary
exam, depending on the individual's circumstances.

This passage in the course outline is so cryptic. If you get a UF, what is it, on the whim of the lecturer if they let you do the supp?

Seems kinda, FUXORED if you ask me.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
otherside said:
thanksfor that guys, but anyone tell me whether this was done in the past for this course?The exam was a big time screw over.
I think Minai can answer for us since he did it last year.

But yeh there was hardly enough time
I wont doubt its going to be scaled coz i imagine the average (for the final) will be quite loww.

Shawny

i talked to dianne who is marking the minority interest question
gary's marking consolidation

dianne says MI ranged from 1/2-15/20 average is about 8-12 for that section so far

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Shawny said:
nah
u get even better deal

u get to sit it this time next year
Screw that, im not gunna wait a year to repeat if i fail@
I'd drop it and do econometrics

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Going on experience... (btw, was Balatbat the LIC this year?)
I think they do bump up the marks a bit...I remember adding up my possible marks in last years exam thinking "shit, I've only -answered- properly 55-60/100 marks" and that didnt take into account mistakes, so I definately think they bump up the marks otherwise I wouldve failed

otherside

Minai said:
I think they do bump up the marks a bit...I remember adding up my possible marks in last years exam thinking "shit, I've only -answered- properly 55-60/100 marks" and that didnt take into account mistakes, so I definately think they bump up the marks otherwise I wouldve failed
So what final mark did u get for the course? and do u remember what ur mark out of 40 (before the final) was? That way i can kinda guess what they scaled ur exam mark to.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Minai said:
I must say, the 2004's MC section was much harder than this years, but your Long answer section (esp. the consolidation topics) was far easier than what we got on Tuesday =(

Shawny

man is blatabat a nice person ?

i heard conflicting reports of evil and nice

well according to dianne they said tat 2b was taught differently 2004 and2005 thats why we were 'harder'

thats why she said pastpapers aren't always a good indication and tut questions are usually better

and she took the IMI question rite out of text book or something.

otherside

btw is it true that they dont usually give UF's to students with total marks of more thaan 60?

Shawny

everything is dependent upon the LIC's discretion

maria can be real evil and give lotta uf's

or she can just want a new office or new car and give even more UF's and one of the people will commit some some terrorist offense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)