Scaling of Engineering studies? (1 Viewer)

AndreRieu

HSC
"good" according to teacher.....
better than pdhpe apparently if that helps

00iCon

HSC
Scaling is a complex process. Not always "up" or "down". try to input into some UAI/ATAR calculators. I belive it's almost you get what you get in the exam....

mahdi

HSC
Engineering is usually slightly above average, so yes it does scale up, but not by much.

canchimooru

HSC
are you serious?
i plugged in a 97 into sam for engineering and it got scaled down to 88...
and 100 itself got scaled down to 97

engineering scaling is aparently worse than business studies, which in itself is notorious for its bad scaling...

mahdi

HSC
No engineering studies is capped. That means that the highest scaled aggregate you can get is 96.4 or something.

But that doesnt mean it scales badly. Everything goes down on SAM, so i dont get what you mean anyway? Trust me Engineering scales better than business studies.

canchimooru

HSC
so SAM is inaccurate?

my friend told me that through SAM, 100 in business got scaled down to 98 or something. but i guess it could just be better for the higher marks.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
so SAM is inaccurate?

my friend told me that through SAM, 100 in business got scaled down to 98 or something. but i guess it could just be better for the higher marks.
Nope, SAM is accurate.

Check out the A3 table by clicking here.

Engineering is capped at around 96/100 and yeah has pretty crappy scaling as it's slightly lower than Business Studies.

But do not fear, if you get the higher marks scaling won't affect so much :)

wingman

Let's Rock N' Roll
HSC
Why are you concerned about scaling for Engineering Studies? Are you trying to decide on whether or not to pick up the subject?

One of the best scaling subjects is Extension 2 English & Maths. But if you get an average mark in those courses, its still an average mark after scaling.

Pick engineering studies because you have an interest in it. if you don't like it, you wont do well in it, whether scaling will help/hamper your marks.

PS. I got 90s in Eng Studies for my final mark. it was all down to my ranking and how hard i studied, not the scaling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)