scaling question (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok so if my advanced english internal mark is 97 and my class average is 50 will this scale my mark up or down?

failwhale

HSC
depends if you're ranked first in assessments and what 1st place gets in externals. in this case it wouldn't affect you.

unless 1st place would get a score lower than 97, than that would become your new internal mark

Gigacube

HSC
If you're first in the internals then you get the top mark which is determined by the top mark in the HSC (external) exam

E.g. You come first in the internals with 97 but in the HSC (externals) the highest mark was 99.

Last edited:

airblitz7

HSC
If you're first in the internals then you get the top mark which is determined by the top mark in the HSC (external) exam

E.g. You come first in the internals with 97 but in the HSC (externals) the highest mark was 99.
I never got this, so if you're first in a subject, you can basically not do the external and get the top mark in the external>

funnytomato

HSC
HSC mark = (assessment mark + exam mark) / 2

What it really means is that the person ranked first internally gets the highest assessment mark no matter what
However, the exam mark of that person is purely depedent on his/her performance in the actual exam

And the person who does get the highest exam mark will have the highest exam mark, but that person's assessment won't be as high as the last preson's because he/she is not ranked first internally

Gigacube

HSC
I never got this, so if you're first in a subject, you can basically not do the external and get the top mark in the external>
Yes that is true but it is only 50% of your final HSC mark. The other 50% comes from your own exam mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)