Scaling/rank for French Continuers? (1 Viewer)

TheLinguist

HSC
Can someone enlighten me as to the HSC scaling of French Continuers? I am aware of the fact that scaling is a complex process, but I would like some idea, if anyone could possibly help me.

Also, considering that I do French Continuers via the Open High School, and I do not have a high ranking, how will this affect my overall ATAR, if I do reasonably well (>95%) in the HSC?

Thanks so much! :D

Kittikhun

HSC
I'm sorry to say that no person can give you an accurate and definite answer to your question. Scaling is always relative. However, French Continuers scales very well in relation to the other subjects. A high band 5 and up will do well to increase your ATAR. At the end of the day though, regardless of scaling, just do your best--you can't control scaling so don't worry about it. Also, are you going to work less in French Continuers if it does scale well? I doubt it, but if so, don't think like that. Just do your best.

If your class is around 50 (should be that) and you're in the top 20 and have an average mark of 85, you should be fine and still able to earn a band 6 if you do really well in the HSC; I believe that getting a 88 as a raw mark in the HSC can earn you something like 92 for the external when scaled. The last exam at OHS is the most important. If you get over 90 in that, there is a very high chance that you will earn a band 6 in the HSC. Also, there is a good proportion, I'd said 15 out of 50, who do French Cotinuers via OHS that earn band 6's.

All the best at the end of the day, and ne remettez jamais à demain ce que vous pouvez faire aujourd'hui!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)