scaling (1 Viewer)

hey guys just a quick question;
are marks for the final exam for da subjects
med sci 1 and chemistry 1 are they scaled or not, if is so by how much?

thanks

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
marks are only scaled within the science faculty according to the weight of each assessment as to give a final mark

ie an assessment worth 10% that you did well in is not as good as doing well for your final exam which is most likely worth 50%

sometimes your marks can be normalised- but i dont think this is the case unless you have been told otherwise...

thejosiekiller said:
marks are only scaled within the science faculty according to the weight of each assessment as to give a final mark

ie an assessment worth 10% that you did well in is not as good as doing well for your final exam which is most likely worth 50%

sometimes your marks can be normalised- but i dont think this is the case unless you have been told otherwise...

sorry i don't get what u mean.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah sorry- my brain is a bit fried/scrambled studying for exams

your marks only scaled according to the weight of each assessment, then these scaled marks are added to give you a final total mark fo rthta subject

better this time?

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
For the science faculty in general they do not scale. If they do, then a lot of people must have failed or on the borderline of failing.

Chemistry and Med. Sci in your case does not scale if at all.. I know that for a fact ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)