• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scalling for Biz Studies (1 Viewer)

caroline86

I've noticed that the scalling for biz studies is quite bad. I've been trying out some of those uai guess machines and they never count my business mark even when it's 80. I'm really looking for answers from past biz studies students... is it worth trying hard for business studies or should i forget it and do well in all my other subjects (ps i'm doing 12 units so if i do well in all my other subjects i'll still have 10 good units for a uai)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
well....u never know how u'd go in other subjects. I mean, even tho u are doing 12 units, and only 10 units count, does not mean that u shudn't try hard enuf. Cos someone was telling me that they hated Maths Ext 1, and were hoping that their English Ext 2 would count, however, this was not the case....it was like, Maths Ext 1 counted, and English Ext 2 did not. So u shudn't give up in Business Studies. If u hate it heaps, thats different. In my opinion, u should be able to do well if u know the dot points in the syllabus and know how to elaborate on them.

I didn't find business any bad....

u shouldn't give up as yet....Just try hard and see how u go in the trials.

At the end of the day, the choice is yours :)

caroline86

ok then... but did you find that it wasn't scalled well???
i don't really wanna stop doing it cuz i want to do marketing at uni

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
I think it scaled me up!! :)....I got a mark of 91...and i think around 5 point something percent (prolly 5.74%, can't remember) of the people got a band 6...this means that u are much better than 15000 of the people, if 16000 did Business Studies...so as UAI is a RANK....it works in your favour.

There is not a certain no of people who get over 90....it's just how u really perform on your Business Studies HSC and the hardness of the paper, and of course, school ranking is very important.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
if u do bad, scaling is realli bad, if you do okay, the scaling is up and down, if you do good, there is no such thing as bad or good scaling.

if u want some figures just do a search in this forum

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
how do we actually find out how the scaling was for us? i got a band 5 for biz yet i got a good uai, so it didnt screw me up as everyone would think it should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)