• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scared about the Units of Study choice? (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
Adv maths doesnt require the departments approval (well not last year anyway). You'll be able to change your subjects from the 15th February. It'll appear on Myuni and student admin, and you can vary your subjects. You should be able to change to adv maths without any hassle. If not, go to orientation day and bring in your HSC results to the maths deprtment to prove you did go well in maths.

Considering you got a band 6 for both, you should be doing adv maths.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
SeDaTeD said:
Is it hard if I just do all maths and stats and ditch the experimental sciences (phys and chem)?
u prolly will die >=)
jkz, but some maths are impossibly hard... unless u are julian gibbons or nick cooper, or maybe tom clement, u will most definitely die...
chem imho is easier than maths...

btw, i am a HE, not SHE...

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
xiao1985 said:
jkz, but some maths are impossibly hard... unless u are julian gibbons or nick cooper, or maybe tom clement, u will most definitely die...
chem imho is easier than maths...
Nick seems more like an IT person. Certainly not the same field as Julian.

And as for Tom, people are starting to forget who topped maths all those years ago.

Does anyone know whether Ivan is going to get out of retirement and challenge Laurie, or will maths be a monopoly once again (in our year)?

And Robert, nothing wrong with doing all maths, I personally don't think you'll die from that. More like the stats part. Even 3cp of it is terrible.

nemuca

Ultimate Bludger!!
HSC
I tried to change my normal maths units to advanced units using enrolment variations in myuni, and this error occurred saying that departmental permission is required. Can someone tell me what's wrong? I know a lot of people have no problem enrolling in advanced units, why do I keep getting this error thing? Is it just because I'm doing a Liberal Studies degree which is under the Arts fac?

*puzzled*

tennille

HSC
nemuca said:
I tried to change my normal maths units to advanced units using enrolment variations in myuni, and this error occurred saying that departmental permission is required. Can someone tell me what's wrong? I know a lot of people have no problem enrolling in advanced units, why do I keep getting this error thing? Is it just because I'm doing a Liberal Studies degree which is under the Arts fac?

*puzzled*
You need to go into uni and ask the maths department for permission to do advanced units, then go to science faculty to change it. They must have changed this because last year we were able to enrol in advanced maths without asking the maths department. You need to do this durig o-week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)