scared? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sad?

it's only just dawned on me that i will not see my best friends everyday, even the ones at my uni, i will not be in their courses, i will be lucky to see them once every 2 weeks.

it's also just dawned on me that these best friends are going to drift edit

is anyone else sad? :(

Last edited:

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
i basically lost contact with all my shcool mates except for some who still keep in touch on MSN
hahaha
well see how everything is when uni starts
probably make new friends and drift away from old friends
further away and away.. its kinda sad

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
iambored i know how u feel

i have some really good friends who ive known for years- and im dreading this whole moving on thing cos i dont need to replace them with new uni ppl! (like i dont need a new best friend and all that jazz)

and what worries me more is that THEY will forget me......

all kinda depressing when ur sposed to be enjoying a new point in ur life....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, and it only dawned on me today. i suppose we are all going through the same thing. some moving away, some have already lost contact, i was lucky enough to stay in contact until now.

but yeah that's the thing. i don't need, nor do i in a sense want new friends to REPLACE. i don't like the idea of 'replacing.' i don't like the idea that people who i don't know at this moment may be the people i go out with, it's so unknown. and what if i don't meet people as great as those i know now?

i REALLY hope i can manage to stay friends with them, i don't want them to drift too far, i love them too much. it's painful to know it may and is beginning to happen though

Originally posted by parko
and what worries me more is that THEY will forget me......
i hadn't thought of that. that doesn't worry me at the moment, but i am sure it will when i begin to meet their new friends.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
but by then u should have some of your own new friends too! so its not all bad...but yeah its a sad thing..i have 3 terms left before im in your situation

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Re: sad?

Originally posted by iambored
it's only just dawned on me that i will not see my best friends everyday, even the ones at my uni, i will not be in their courses, i will be lucky to see them once every 2 weeks.

it's also just dawned on me that these best friends are going to drift to aquaintainces. that uni friends are going to take their place. that when we get together we'll be talking as strangers, not as friends who see each other every day.

is anyone else sad? :(
OK, none of my great friends are doing my degree but I will at least see them every weekend. Plus, you can schedule a meet at the University bar sometime during the day. Another thing, when you finish University, you may have to move away to get the job you want. Life is all about meeting new people. No worries:).

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
and i thought i was the only one who felt like this.....

while ive gotten to know some people already through group work and ice-breaker games and htings, it makes me even more woried beacause i kwno my friends are doing exactly the same thing.......meeting new ppl with interests that are the same as theirs (well course wise at least)

it's hard, my best mate, he's gone down to ourimbah, and im very worried that i will eventually get pushed to the side just cos i dont see him. And its noones fault- just cos we dont see one another.

lol i sound very insecure about my friendships dont i?!! i just dont want everything to be thrown away cos of distance/lack of seeing each other

i know its happened already- the poeple i didnt really like in my year i havent had to see, so that has been pretty cool! but i never relaly guessed that it would happen with the poeple i DO like. didnt expect that.......

i guess i just have to make more of an effort that i used to to stay in touch...........i just hope that my mates all feel the same way and theyre not planning to use uni as a chance to dump me!

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Re: Re: sad?

Originally posted by Merethrond
Another thing, when you finish University, you may have to move away to get the job you want. Life is all about meeting new people. No worries:).
oh yeah i totally agree- new people are everywhere! and yeah im gonna meet alot more new peolpe in my lifetime, which im looking forward to! The thing im worried about is the few close friends who i WANT to stay in touch with will meet new people aswell and we'll drift apart.

i was talking to a girl at work (she does psychology) who said "ah you wont have to worry about seeing ur school friends. I mean you're only friends with them cos you're stuck in the same place with them! u meet better people who are more like you"

i guess its just a security thing- you feel safer with things you know. wel i know i feel more comfortable around my friends than i do around people i dont know

meh i think its just the shock of thinking about it. i know i never considered it before! but the people who i want to stay friends with are worth making the extra effort for, so im sure there wont be any trouble there ;)

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
i basically lost contact with all my shcool mates except for some who still keep in touch on MSN
i love msn :D

Last edited:

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else...

:)

alman

think about it this way: what are TRUE friends if they forget you?

the same also applies for yourselves...

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Yeah, you will end up losing alot of your old friends, but your meet great new ones, Remeber that in most cases your uni firends are the ones that end up to be your life long friends- if you think a long way into the future, MSN is like a long distance relationship, goes down hill after a while if you dont meet then in real life.

alman

Originally posted by Snapwizard
Yeah, you will end up losing alot of your old friends, but your meet great new ones, Remeber that in most cases your uni firends are the ones that end up to be your life long friends- if you think a long way into the future, MSN is like a long distance relationship, goes down hill after a while if you dont meet then in real life.
thats what school reunions are for...if you actually go to them :eek:

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else...
hahaha amen to that

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Re: Re: Re: sad?

Originally posted by parko
meh i think its just the shock of thinking about it. i know i never considered it before! but the people who i want to stay friends with are worth making the extra effort for, so im sure there wont be any trouble there ;)
Yeah exactly, keeping in contact is easy and if they decide to bar you pfft, time heals everything:). However, I do believe that if you have common interests then you will both be wanting to stay in touch because you like doing other things together, not just staying friends because you like their company (which you can find with may different people):).

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Awww I'm really gonna miss just seeing all the ppl I did at school... even the ones I probably only said two sentences to in the 6 yrs I knew them.

I'm so nervous and anxious and worried. It sort of feels like without being surrounded with the familiar faces I was at school, at uni i no longer have an identity anymore (because apparently we define ourselves by the many complex ways others see us).

I'm sort of afraid of the person that I may become because I don't know who I will be friends with and how that will affect me.

I'm just in like total social limbo it's SCARY!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
at uni i no longer have an identity anymore (because apparently we define ourselves by the many complex ways others see us).
edit

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
People get too worked up about this. So I am telling you to go out into town and meet some people:D!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, i have the same feeling...but hopefully i can meet great friends at uni. and i can keep my existing friends by getting together and stuff. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)