Scholarship Interview (1 Viewer)

gilese

ok everyone i need help ive just won a teaching scholarship and nxt week i have an interview now im not sure of the details but i would really like any help in interview techniques concering the DET maybee some people might have had an experience wit the DET and interviews so they can give me some pointers any help will do please anyone help me out by providing me advice, or some sample questions; anything would b greatly appreciated, this scholarship is for a secondary technology teacher for 4 yrs. thanks everyone

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
I have put a whole heap of general questions in Wild Dan's thread 6th post down the page http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=49857
They would apply to your situation as well. Fish around your application pack, they usually hand out what they are looking for with the selection criteria as everything has to be documented. They will be asking you questions about what you have written in your application. They will probably ask questions as to where you think you will be placed and so on, make sure to read up about shortages and for extra marks mention you are considering going to a remote area to start with (even if you don't plan on doing it) or the importance of public education in general. If you have any questions or doubts you can call them and ask them if there are any special requirements you should be aware of beforehand.

Once you are a teacher they will actually make you do a lesson plan and deliver it with each interviewer playing a different student type, but you will most likely not have to worry about that until after you finish uni.

gilese

thanks heaps anymore info u or anyone could provide me would be rewarding cheers, thanks once again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)