Scholarships help!! (1 Viewer)

Bedi999

HSC
Hello all! Before HSC, I was expecting to go to UNSW and applied for several scholarships for that uni, none for the other unis.

However I changed my preferences during November to go to USYD, however the applications for those scholarships were closed and didn't get a chance to apply for any USYD scholarships.
If I want to apply now, is it still possible? Or am I too late? PLEASE HELP! THANKS GUYS!

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Most undergraduate scholarships for first year closed in Oct/Nov (unless it's auto award).

You should look to current student scholarships being open or look to aiming to winning uni prizes on first year results.

Sometimes external organisations offer scholarships to uni students, sometimes Rotary or Industry ones you could seek out for.

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
The Merit Scholarship (the semi-big ones besides the 99.95 scholarship) are application only. In fact, most of the general USyd scholarships were application only. Sucks, I know. (I also missed them cause I completely forgot about them.)

But the good news is that most faculties have their own scholarships for their students. And a lot of them don't require applications. They give scholarships to the best ATARs and best HSC-subject performance (relevant to the respective faculty).

I suggest going to the Engineering and Commerce faculty pages on the USyd website and checking out the scholarships. That, and call them for more info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)