Scholarships? (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Regarding scholarships, do they tell you when they're going to pay or do they just do it? I got both CLS scholarships (I know these aren't due to be paid until 31st), sent the letter back ages ago, haven't heard anything from them since (should I have?)... but what I'm more curious about is I got the Rural Assistance Scheme scholarship ($4,000 one-off payment, and they said it was ok for me to have both this and CLS) and I handed the acceptance form in last week, again haven't heard anything, and this is supposed to be paid "as soon as possible after the commencement of session 1" ... wondering if I should have at least received a confirmation letter? (ie: "We received your acceptance and will be paying you soon").

I'm kind of in need of this money :(

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
I got a scholarship for when i decide to go overseas at the beginning of last year. I never received anything from them to say they got my acceptance letter. I just plan to contact them when i organise to go on exchange to get my money!

HSC
Dumsum said:
Regarding scholarships, do they tell you when they're going to pay or do they just do it? I got both CLS scholarships (I know these aren't due to be paid until 31st), sent the letter back ages ago, haven't heard anything from them since (should I have?)... but what I'm more curious about is I got the Rural Assistance Scheme scholarship ($4,000 one-off payment, and they said it was ok for me to have both this and CLS) and I handed the acceptance form in last week, again haven't heard anything, and this is supposed to be paid "as soon as possible after the commencement of session 1" ... wondering if I should have at least received a confirmation letter? (ie: "We received your acceptance and will be paying you soon").

I'm kind of in need of this money :(

simon...is that you? haha i talked to you when we were waiting in line for the chem store to open. not sure if you remember which one i am.

yeah im VERY annoyed at the scholarship matter, im not sure whats taking so long, because mine's industry sponsored. are UNSW just talking a lifetime to process scholarships, are they short of funds, or is my sponsor not coughing up the money? gah, i also need the money bad.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
simon...is that you? haha i talked to you when we were waiting in line for the chem store to open. not sure if you remember which one i am.

yeah im VERY annoyed at the scholarship matter, im not sure whats taking so long, because mine's industry sponsored. are UNSW just talking a lifetime to process scholarships, are they short of funds, or is my sponsor not coughing up the money? gah, i also need the money bad.
Yeah that's me. Stupid chemistry, why not just use the bookstore like everyone else...

I decided I'm going to wait until April since that's when the CLS was promised to be paid so I figured they might do the other one at the same time, but if nothing has happened by then, I'll go and see them.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
damn u simon, every chem lecture i tried to find out who you are, but there are quite a few ppl who match ur profile

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Dumsum said:
but what I'm more curious about is I got the Rural Assistance Scheme scholarship ($4,000 one-off payment, and they said it was ok for me to have both this and CLS)
Is that scholarship exclusively UNSW, or is it a government one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)