Scholarships (1 Viewer)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Haha cheers.
Well my advanced science course is at Parramatta - for convenience, but hopefully I'll make my way to Campbelltown in year 2 if everything pans out.

How did you receive your scholarship? Was it the year 11 based award or the academic scholarship award? If so, what ATAR did you receive?
It might be difficult, but do you know an approximate ATAR cut off for the 5k/year scholarship?
My ATAR was bad but is above 80 and I did not get a Scholarship... my friends got Access/Start Up ones for financial/educational disadvantage. There are a lot of scholarships offered with a value of $5000.00. Its best that you check the criteria as ATAR is not always one of the points.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Haha and you never considered studying at UWS for a year?
Not really. I had my heart set somewhere else, and worked hard throughout year 12 to give me the best possible chance of getting there. n_n In saying that, I need an ATAR of around 85 to get there, which hopefully won't be too difficult to achieve. :)

Goodluck to those waiting on scholarships, applying for them, etc. All the best guys. :)
And Dylanamali, all the best for adv. Sci. and goodluck with results + ATAR hope you can get the academic scholarship. :)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Not really. I had my heart set somewhere else, and worked hard throughout year 12 to give me the best possible chance of getting there. n_n In saying that, I need an ATAR of around 85 to get there, which hopefully won't be too difficult to achieve. :)

Goodluck to those waiting on scholarships, applying for them, etc. All the best guys. :)
And Dylanamali, all the best for adv. Sci. and goodluck with results + ATAR hope you can get the academic scholarship. :)
Fair enough. Good Luck! I'm trying to transfer out from UWS myself and trying to earn a scholarship. =)

dest

HSC
Has anyone got a real scholarship??
Ie - university of sydney?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I would think USyd will be notifying students around early January when they start offering their first set of offers to UAC applicants. You should check with them.

A "real scholarship"... good one.

pwettigurl

HSC
I've been short-listed for a Pharmacy merit scholarship at USYD....

and waiting anxiously for the ATAR now hope I get the scholarship:)

Blushii

HSC
I've got the UWS "Most Outstanding Year 11~" award - 20k
USYD Commerce scholarship - 30k i think it's called the Inspired by Business award
AAA UNSW scholarship - 4k

I was going to take the UWS one and do the whole adv science pathway to medicine, but i'm just wondering how hard is it to get in via this path? I thought i heard somewhere only the top 6 students in the course get chosen for an interview. Any ideas?
I've never wanted to do commerce alone, so i don't think i'll be using the usyd one, i'd much rather do combined comm/law so the AAA scholarship, with its +5 atar points will become quite useful.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I've got the UWS "Most Outstanding Year 11~" award - 20k
USYD Commerce scholarship - 30k i think it's called the Inspired by Business award
AAA UNSW scholarship - 4k

I was going to take the UWS one and do the whole adv science pathway to medicine, but i'm just wondering how hard is it to get in via this path? I thought i heard somewhere only the top 6 students in the course get chosen for an interview. Any ideas?
I've never wanted to do commerce alone, so i don't think i'll be using the usyd one, i'd much rather do combined comm/law so the AAA scholarship, with its +5 atar points will become quite useful.
Its not hard to do the pathway from sci to med becoz a friend of mine managed to do it. As for the Top 6 students getting an interview - I am not to sure. The UNSW one sounds more attractive.

Last edited:

kcqn93

HSC
I got the Faculty Merit Scholarship last year and it's ongoing for the duration of the course. i.e. 5 years.

Didn't apply for it. No idea how I got it.

ShinjAngel

HSC
Uni Grad
What are the chances?

What are the chances of getting a scholarship if you're on the standby list? Don't know how far down though. =.="

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)