Scholarships?!?! (3 Viewers)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Bu do we have to pay for uni fees and shit ?? if yes, how much (what %)
If a citizen, not upfront. You can defer it by putting it on HECS (only increases at inflation rate) and pay it back gradually when you earn over 40 something K a year.

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
So we don't have to pay anything while we are at uni right?
If a citizen, not upfront. You can defer it by putting it on HECS (only increases at inflation rate) and pay it back gradually when you earn over 40 something K a year.

barbernator

HSC
OHK :) But if I want to apply for a scholarship, how should I decide which one I should apply for because I am not sure what atar I am gona get ..:p
you apply for all of them and hope to the lord above

Kat92

HSC
Education...i want to be a teacher(secondary)
teachnsw.edu.au -- has some and you could get a guaranteed place with DEC later on.
NSWTF-- although could be highly competitive and need references.
Also there is one through the teachers credit union-- but I am not sure how that one really works.
Then you have your individual uni undergrad scholarships of which you can apply for.

Sometimes based on your local area-- certain councils have scholarships as well. Often it is best to look on the Unis website or conduct a search in google like NSW teaching scholarships.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
@OP: Have a look at University websites. Most (UNSW atleast) have a neatly laid out Scholarships system. You can search and apply etc.
USyd has one main application, while UWS is a bit like UNSW.
But at the end, apply for everything you're eligible for!

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ahk thanks man! And when are we supposed to apply for scholarships and how do we know if we are eligible? Like we don't know what atar are we gna be getting ...
You'll have to pay for textbooks and shit. But in terms of uni fees and the SSAF, no, you don't.

Domsky

HSC
teachnsw.edu.au -- has some and you could get a guaranteed place with DEC later on.
NSWTF-- although could be highly competitive and need references.
Also there is one through the teachers credit union-- but I am not sure how that one really works.
Then you have your individual uni undergrad scholarships of which you can apply for.

Sometimes based on your local area-- certain councils have scholarships as well. Often it is best to look on the Unis website or conduct a search in google like NSW teaching scholarships.
Ok, coolio i will check it out thanks for ur input :)

Domsky

HSC
@OP: Have a look at University websites. Most (UNSW atleast) have a neatly laid out Scholarships system. You can search and apply etc.
USyd has one main application, while UWS is a bit like UNSW.
But at the end, apply for everything you're eligible for!
Ok, cool, i see it out..thanks bro :)

OH1995

HSC
Why wouldn't you just pay the University fees as you go? Why would you get a HECS loan when university itself is cheaper than private school fees?

barbernator

HSC
Ahk thanks man! And when are we supposed to apply for scholarships and how do we know if we are eligible? Like we don't know what atar are we gna be getting ...
you predict what atar you could get if you absolutely freaking nailed it and go from there. The people who select the scholarships line up lots of reserves in case the person they selected for the scholarship doesn't meet the criteria i.e. get the required atar

Why wouldn't you just pay the University fees as you go? Why would you get a HECS loan when university itself is cheaper than private school fees?
parents pay school fees :)
parents do not pay uni fees :(

where is it you apply?
you apply by submitting the respective forms to the respective universities online, applications open soon and close mostly at september 30 or there abouts

jason2kool

HSC
you predict what atar you could get if you absolutely freaking nailed it and go from there. The people who select the scholarships line up lots of reserves in case the person they selected for the scholarship doesn't meet the criteria i.e. get the required atar

parents pay school fees :)
parents do not pay uni fees :(

you apply by submitting the respective forms to the respective universities online, applications open soon and close mostly at september 30 or there abouts
thanks champ, have any opened up yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)