• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

school assessment and HSC (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The school assesment and HSC exam marks are sepearate and your final HSC mark is the AVERAGE of the two.

The process you describe would only affect the SCHOOL mark. You still keep your HSC exam mark.

bubblemilktea

i've always known that school assement is an important part of getting a good mark in the end...as it counts for 50% of the total.....

i've heard people say before....that if you get 2 in school assement and even if you are the 1st in the HSC exam...you still get whatever the 2nd person gets.....
it depends on how everyone in the grade goes....

that to me....just feels like there's no point in study anymore....cos if you have a good rank at school....you can just sit back and relax while everyone else studies hard.....and you'll get their mark......if you don't ....you're screwed.......so might as well give up anyway~~~

can someone care to change my point of view~~?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah but remember you only completed 50% of your hsc....your exam counts for the other 50% so even if u sit back and relax and get the first person's hsc exam mark as ur assessment mark, then you might not get first because youve stuffed u the other 50% of your hsc mark, thus allowing your classmates to get in front of you.
i suggest DO NOT back off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)