School assessment mark (1 Viewer)

Ritikthegoat

HSC
Hey guys, I was wondering if they actually used your school assessment mark for your school-based assessment mark, cause my school assessments marks were in the mid to low 80s and I need to get in the high 80s. Will me getting a high exam mark drag my internal marks up?

WeiWeiMan

HSC

carrotsss

HSC
Your school assessment mark isn’t used directly, but rather NESA performs a process called moderation to find your moderated school-based assessment mark, based on your rankings, the mark differences between rankings and your cohort’s performance in the hsc. For example, if you’re ranked first you’ll get the highest mark in your cohort for your school assessment mark, and if you’re ranked last you’ll get the lowest mark in your cohort for your school assessment mark, and if you’re ranked somewhere near the middle you’ll get a school assessment mark around half way between the other two.

This moderated school assessment mark is then averaged with your aligned exam mark to determine your HSC mark for a subject, which means that yes, a high exam mark will drag your overal HSC mark up.

Awesome8r

HSC
Your school assessment mark isn’t used directly, but rather NESA performs a process called moderation to find your moderated school-based assessment mark, based on your rankings, the mark differences between rankings and your cohort’s performance in the hsc. For example, if you’re ranked first you’ll get the highest mark in your cohort for your school assessment mark, and if you’re ranked last you’ll get the lowest mark in your cohort for your school assessment mark, and if you’re ranked somewhere near the middle you’ll get a school assessment mark around half way between the other two.

This moderated school assessment mark is then averaged with your aligned exam mark to determine your HSC mark for a subject, which means that yes, a high exam mark will drag your overal HSC mark up.
I'm ranked second in most of my subjects, would the second highest mark be my moderated internal mark or is that only the case for 1st place?

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
I'm ranked second in most of my subjects, would the second highest mark be my moderated internal mark or is that only the case for 1st place?
only for rank 1,
but you will get the 2nd highest moderated internal mark. this is not necessarily the 2nd highest exam mark, however, it would likely be close. it depends on the gaps between the ranks and how well the rest of your cohort does

Awesome8r

HSC
only for rank 1,
but you will get the 2nd highest moderated internal mark. this is not necessarily the 2nd highest exam mark, however, it would likely be close. it depends on the gaps between the ranks and how well the rest of your cohort does
so if my cohort does bad but i smash the hsc my moderated internal mark would be lowered?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)