School Attendance (1 Viewer)

jessyy

HSC
our school has just placed a heap on people on monitoring cards, basically now if those people who got them dont turn up the school will sign them out on their behalf.

and yes my post did have relevance, if you are wagging of course your going to be affected, if you have valid reasons such as illness etc you will be fine.

over9k

HSC
HSC attendance.

Uhh.. i've been away approx. 15-17 days.. does anyone know how many school days are in a yr?
or better yet, how many more days can i be absent?

coolviv6

HSC
Re: HSC attendance.

ill bump this because i have also been away 15ish and would like to know

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC

haha i dont think there is a maximum really
as long as none are unexplained..

coolviv6

HSC

lol anyone know what it actually is? im thinking either 85 or 90% attendance which works out to be 15-20 days

lionking1191

HSC

yeah it has to be unexplained since i know someone who is at school for a max. of 3 days on any given school week

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC

Minimum of 80% attendance. I was absent for 47 days, nothing happened to me. :)

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A

i have not been away a single day since the begining of year 11, and still im goin darn well in my subjects.

u dont need to be away to do well, in fact ive noiticed ppl who are away consistently (not sik ofcourse, just want extra time to study), for example the week b4 teh trials, i still nailed 'em.

Commitment. Honesty. I firmly believe we need to learn some values, such as these, that u will need in the 'real world'....

U cant take a day off to finish that paperwork when u r an accountant, lawyer,etc....

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC

Pwnage101 said:
i have not been away a single day since the begining of year 11, and still im goin darn well in my subjects.

u dont need to be away to do well, in fact ive noiticed ppl who are away consistently (not sik ofcourse, just want extra time to study), for example the week b4 teh trials, i still nailed 'em.

Commitment. Honesty. I firmly believe we need to learn some values, such as these, that u will need in the 'real world'....

U cant take a day off to finish that paperwork when u r an accountant, lawyer,etc....
perfect attendence represent

ticky2002

HSC
N/A

over9k said:
Uhh.. i've been away approx. 15-17 days.. does anyone know how many school days are in a yr?
or better yet, how many more days can i be absent?
At 4 terms of 10 weeks, there should be 200 school days a year, however this varies due to pupil free days, and when you come back from holidays and such.

Not sure if it's true, but someone was saying the other day that they don't actually have the rule anymore that you have to be at school for so many days, however they just encourage you to go.

anthony.baaini

HSC
yr 12 has attendance

would anyone know the minimum attendance for the yr 12 hsc in order to be still eligable. how many max days can u take off in the yr

HSC
Re: yr 12 has attendance

not sure how many days but i'm pretty sure you have to have over 85% attendance or something like that

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC

Ahhh. Shit =)
I dunno if I've even been that much.
I've been sick alot and also had a while off to have wisdom teeth out and all.
I just seem to be away alot...
Hopefully no more than 15% though =|
-dies-

HSC

need at least 80% attendance
your school is meant to alert you if you're cutting it fine

nottellingu

HSC

Dw too much...i know people that only come to school like 1-2 days a week and they havent had any problems

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC

if you have reasons why you're not there such as you're sick I don't think there is a limit as to how many days you can have off.

HSC
our deputy rings us at home if we have more than like 3 days off in a row and asks why we are away and she validates it with a parent.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

nirvanafreak02 said:
need at least 80% attendance
your school is meant to alert you if you're cutting it fine

Can you show me where it says this in official BOS literature.

I have been pushing for this at my school for over 10 years and have been told that the BOS says so long as a student is achieving some of the outcomes and completes at least 50% of the number of tasks and weighting of tasks then they are fine. (i.e. 3/5 tasks weighted at 50% or more - which at my school means both exams and one other task!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)