School Certificate to be scrapped (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
School certificate 'to be scrapped'

Year 10 students in NSW will no longer be required to sit a formal test for the School Certificate under changes to the exam system.

New national exams for students in year three to year nine will be introduced next year, making the School Certificate exams redundant, News Ltd newspapers report.

An exit certificate for those leaving school will be retained but it is likely to be based on class work or record of achievement.

Basic school tests undertaken by students in years three and five are also to be dropped, along with English language and literacy assessment and the second numeracy assessment program for those in years seven and eight.

Under the new exam system, students in years three, five, seven and nine will sit tests in literacy and numeracy.

Those in years six and 10 will be tested on a three-year cycle in science, civics and citizenship and information and communication technology.

[AAP]

School certificate scrapped
Parents want to scrap School Certificate

The Education Department has since denied the report:
Leaving certificate is back as part of formal exit plan

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
what the hell
gosh thats a lil unfair for us who`ve done it .. lol
ah well , cant be helped.
i dont get why they keep changing the system though

booties4

HSC
john howard wat the hell r u doing?
LEave things the way they were, its not fair for everyone else.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Rafy said:
School certificate scrapped

The Daily Telegraph / January 10, 2007
Wow, lol. We're the last year to have done the School Cert! Its probably better this way, its a joke of a test that no-one even takes seriously anymore.

Oh wait...now that i actually read the article...what the hell is howard doing????? He's scewed up the workplace - and now he's going to screw up the school system as well?

I just sincerely hope to God that none of you guys vote for him at the next election.

Last edited:

sophiaaah

HSC
what about the second half of the stage 5 syllabus?

even though the SC is bullshit and nothing at all compared to the HSC, i still think it's a good way to introduce students into external examinations so they understand how they work and how they are marked.

i love the language that the daily telegraph uses. "forced to sit new-style national exams".

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Under the new regime, students in years 3, 5, 7 and 9 will be required to sit exams in the key subjects of literacy and numeracy.

Students in years 6 and 10 will be tested on a three-year cycle in science, civics and citizenship and information and communication technology.
Soon to be 6 tests before the HSC.

the leader

HSC
I wonder who they consulted before they made this descision - like there was talk of a National Cetificate for year 12, but since when was ditching the SC on the agenda...

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Can anyone who automatically condemned the changes actually give any reasons for doing so other than "they were brought about by John Howard"?

I predict rioting by the various teachers' unions and associations, 'just because'.

Interesting though how this effects those in year 10 this year who missed the new year 9 test and also miss the school certificate, and only get one of the three cyclical exams.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Poor kids in the lower years, just means more competition and stress.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
the leader said:
This entire forum will be made redundant...

Whatever will be next?
Making the HSC national and things harder for students......
Longer school hours
more compulsory subjects!

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
Wow, lol. We're the last year to have done the School Cert! Its probably better this way, its a joke of a test that no-one even takes seriously anymore.
Wouldnt 09'ers be the last Year 10s to do the SC?

First workplace reforms, now this :confused:

Guys, Vote 1. Rudd :rofl:

the leader

HSC
What will the kiddies have as motivation in year 10 (admit it, the SC is/was a decent source of motivation)? They're gonna go straight from bludging to their Prelim year :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)