• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School Certificate vs HSC results (1 Viewer)

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
shit then...
i got all band 4s and one band 5 for my SC
thats bad then :(
relax! .. it all depends how much effort you put into your studies.
don't let others get to you like that >_<' :vcross:

MaryJ_

HSC
I found the SC to be a little ridiculous in my case. I was 2% off failing advanced maths throughout all of year 10, but I scored a decent band 6, meanwhile some people who were slaughtering advanced maths didn't even get near a band 6. I guess I was better at colouring tile patterns... (really that was one of my questions). All up I got 1 band 5 and the rest band 6, and honestly I'm not a great student. The only reasoning that I can come up with is that I didn't stress over the SC. The genius students who did stress barely got through the papers because they were so worried.
Having said that, the two girls who received all band 6 were deserving of it. They knew the syllabus back to front, and are still very motivated in their studies. I think that's what it comes down to, motivation. Work for it and you'll get there. The SC is by no means a direct link to what your UAI will be.

jackal8

HSC
absolutely invorrect

u should tell ur teacher she is 100% wrong

how can a teacher generalise like that ...

i know for a fact all the ppl in my school whoa re sure

they are continuing high school through to yr 12 ...

dont study one bit!

X

xeuyrawp

jackal8 said:
absolutely invorrect

u should tell ur teacher she is 100% wrong

how can a teacher generalise like that ...

i know for a fact all the ppl in my school whoa re sure

they are continuing high school through to yr 12 ...

dont study one bit!
You generally use the "Quote" function when you're referring to someone, otherwise we ahve no idea to whom you're referring.

bEAbEA

HSC
You can't compare the HSc and the SC - they are testing diferent things, and the SC is a lot more general, so it is easier for smarter people to get good marks because the standard is lower.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i commented to my adv eng teacher that i got 90 in my sc english exam (she nearly fell over) then she pointed out how different they are and that i should not compare my marks from my sc to now. they are assessing very very different standards...which explains my marks of 55 in adv eng now

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
The sc is a joke. I did no work in year 10 and didn't get below about 75 in any exam... now I'm working hard and not getting great marks... go figure. :p
I think people who do really well in the sc are more likely to do well in the hsc just cos they study.

X

xeuyrawp

Zoltan said:
The sc is a joke. I did no work in year 10 and didn't get below about 75 in any exam... now I'm working hard and not getting great marks... go figure. :p
I think people who do really well in the sc are more likely to do well in the hsc just cos they study.
I think the SC is a much more effective at seeing how intrinsically smart a student is, whereas the HSC is more about how well one can jump through hoops and learn the right stuff.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
In the sc, it's based on luck if you are dumb and get high marks.
Most of the exams are made up of multiple choice questions.

tempco

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I think the SC is a much more effective at seeing how intrinsically smart a student is, whereas the HSC is more about how well one can jump through hoops and learn the right stuff.
hmm. come to think of it, the school certificate felt more like those competitions we had each year. so i wouldn't be surprised if what you say is pretty accurate.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
nekkid said:
hmm. come to think of it, the school certificate felt more like those competitions we had each year. so i wouldn't be surprised if what you say is pretty accurate.
Yeh. Damn true. Multiple choice-ish.

X

xeuyrawp

Smart_Dunce said:
In the sc, it's based on luck if you are dumb and get high marks.
Most of the exams are made up of multiple choice questions.
hahahh. Lol. Great observation there :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)