School certificate (1 Viewer)

tabbyy

HSC
N/A
For the school certificate trials and the actual exams, do i need to memorize formulas for mathematics? :blink2:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
For the school certificate trials and the actual exams, do i need to memorize formulas for mathematics? :blink2:
No, they give you a formula sheet and the exams cover basic stuff, it's like a harder version of NAPLAN, so don't need to expect Quadratic Formula, Sine or Cosine Rule, etc.

tabbyy

HSC
N/A
Thanks :) So they give us a sheet for shapes (area, volume ect?)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Yes.

Although that stuff you really should know...

tabbyy

HSC
N/A
Yeah thats true.. i know most of them but some are really similar so i tend to mix them up o_O

Kowther

HSC
Yeah they'll give you a formula sheet but from what I've seen in practice papers, you don't really need to use it that much anyway.

HSC
As was mentioned above you get a formula sheet with all the basic stuff on it and yeh, from what I've heard there shouldn't be all the "hard" stuff in it. Remember standard, intermediate and advanced are all doing the same exam so they can't make it too complicated. Probs good to remember things like the money chapter (real name's escaping me right now) cause, well, at least for my trials I don't remember it being on the formula sheet, could be wrong though and the sheet I had is probably different to the real SC one.

reality3435

HSC
School Cert maths won't be that hard since apparently they made it so that the Advanced kids should theoretically get a band 6, the intermediate students should get at least a band 4 . So it wouldn't be that difficult and besides, what formulas are there to memorize in year 10 maths anyways (sorry, not to sound arrogant or anything)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)