School Concern (1 Viewer)

AFGHAN22

HSC
I am a worried year 11 student. In year 12 I am doing 4 unit maths, 3 unit English, and 3 unit Indonesian. However, I go to a very poor and lazy school and I am worried it will affect my final UAI mark.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
AFGHAN22 said:
I am a worried year 11 student. In year 12 I am doing 4 unit maths, 3 unit English, and 3 unit Indonesian. However, I go to a very poor and lazy school and I am worried it will affect my final UAI mark.
well if u do go to a poor and lazy school i'm pritty sure the marking there would be extremly easy.... therefore if ur aiming for 90's for ur UAI make sure u get 90's for ur internal school assessemnts and as long as u perform well in the HSC nothing can come in ur way... oh yeh and try to maintain a high ranking...

if ur gonna do those subjects i'm prity sure ur not lazy... and as long as ur not lazy then u have nothing to worry about....

HSC
Im not 100%...but Im pretty sure you have to have a minimum of four board developed subjects...you have 3( or are they the only ones you are worried about?)

Are you worried that you wont be motivated enough to work in the envrionment...or that the results of other students at your school will affect you?

You're probably bored of hearing this...but just do the best you can do and you'll get a decent result what ever school you go to.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Im not 100%...but Im pretty sure you have to have a minimum of four board developed subjects...you have 3( or are they the only ones you are worried about?)
Maths/Maths Extension 1/Maths Extension 2 and English/English Extension 1 are all considered as different courses, aren't they?

Anyways, UAI is not determined by what school you go to - it is a ranking against all the other people who did the HSC that year. Although going to a "less lazy" school may help you stay focused, your school status will not detract from your mark as long as you put the work in through the year - the final exams are 50%, and your assessments make up the rest. Put the effort in and the results will come.

I_F

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
Maths/Maths Extension 1/Maths Extension 2 and English/English Extension 1 are all considered as different courses, aren't they?

Anyways, UAI is not determined by what school you go to - it is a ranking against all the other people who did the HSC that year. Although going to a "less lazy" school may help you stay focused, your school status will not detract from your mark as long as you put the work in through the year - the final exams are 50%, and your assessments make up the rest. Put the effort in and the results will come.

I_F
English Extension 1 and Advanced English for instance are seperate courses but the same subject, you must have four different subjects to recieve a hsc award.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
English Extension 1 and Advanced English for instance are seperate courses but the same subject, you must have four different subjects to recieve a hsc award.

Ah, I get it now. Thanks for the explanation. :)

I_F

FinalFantasy

HSC
ur school won't affect u..
and it would even be better for u at a "very poor and lazy school " since there's less pressure to get high ranks
as long as u get high ranks and do good in da HSC den it's good

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
AFGHAN22 said:
You won't be eligible for a UAI: you have to have four subjects, unfortunately. Extensions are not counted as different. If you want to do those subjects, you'll have to go through with 12 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)