school contributions (1 Viewer)

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
$400 - quite a lot considering its a public school. it's cause they make it compulsory to pay all the extras like technology and P&C...

is a roflcopter
HSC
close to 700 bucks for sydney boys
apparently its voluntary but you cant go to lessons if you dont pay up

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
You can still go to lessons, except when it gets to report time the principal has a longer chat with you than usual

astro

HSC
Technically mine are about $155, that's only school fees, not including subject contributions....luckily i don't have to pay for my subjects because i don't do any food tech, industrial arts or computing etc. courses.
However i reckon the PE staffroom uses most our sport fees for themselves....coz the sport we do ain't worth $50

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
We have compulsory fees and besides that a compulsory $50 contribution. There is also a VOLUNTARY contribution which is $50. But it is really stupid because they like send you heaps letters saying:

We would just like to inform you that you have not yet paid your voluntary contribution. You can make your payments at the such and such office on such and such days.

They make it sound like you have to pay it and they always bug you about it. You only pay it to shut them up.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
We have a compulsory contribution of $100, and the rest of the fees are determined by what other subjects you do e.g. I think people that do art have to pay an additional $80.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
the contribution itself is like $200 for fort street, but when it got through technology access, subject fees (ie drama + photography), plus building funds (despite the fact that we just GOT new buildings, and they already suck, except the new drama room which is a fucking dream), and all that other shit it was, i think, $670

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh, and if you don't pay your fees in full (ie not just the $30 technology fee or whatever) you can't use the school printers at all, which is a pain in the ass

heh, i called them fees inadvertadely, they might as well be

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
we had compulsory voluntary school contributions :p

if we didn't pay ours, we wouldn't get our school reports, unless you had financial difficulties.

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
ours is:-
general: 170 (150 for juniors)
technology: 60
library: 50
p&c: 100 (per family)
total: 380 plus elective fees

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
both compulsory AND voluntary?
lol, as in they're meant to be voluntary, but in fact are pretty much compulsory. i was trying to show the contradiction :p

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
If we don't pay our we don't get our school diary :rolleyes:
our school diary is crap and if you loose it its like $5

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
our school diary is crap and if you loose it its like $5
Our school diary is crap too...many people just don't pay the school contribution, and buy themselves a better diary, but I think the school chases you up if you don't pay.

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
I've always paid mine up to year 12, then I realised it was pointless to pay it because all they do with it is build a new carpark out the front of the school, then 4 months later tear it all up and put grass in.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_
Ours arent that much. I do find it rather funny however how our school says that fees are 'voluntary', however you have to pay them to sign out of year 10 :confused:
Only certain ones for TAS subjects and that sort of stuff. That's for amterials and other things not covered in the general contribution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)