School cutting down class periods (1 Viewer)

Frostguard

HSC
Yo guys, basically I've heard that in my school, the Geography and Software Design classes are losing valuable class time. Instead of 6 periods a week and basically 120 indicative hours to 4 periods a week and basically 80 hours. Is this even legal??? Our principal justifies this decision by saying ' resource allocation' and the Geography class, which only has 8 kids but still aren't they being deprived of their education? Even the geo teacher is pissed off too because of instead of teaching Y12s he's teaching some Y7 class instead... aren't year 12 students prioritised??

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd probably contact NESA and see what they have to say about it. The school also has to ensure that year 7s receive the appropriate amount of hours too, so the school might be constrained and not able to entirely fullfill both commitments.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/contact/

Reception
Phone: +61 2 9367 8111
Fax: +61 2 9367 8484

JSensation

HSC
rip geography i went to principal and asked him 3 questions

Q1. why is it happening?
A1. "It is a resource allocation subject of matter that happens every year (he's just lying)

Q2. "geography is a hard subject"
A2. he then questions us "is it really" which is implying that 120 hours is not needed for geography according to his tones

Q3. a girl told him "our parents wouldn't like the idea of this as geogrqaphy is still an atar course "
A3. He replies with "it doesnt matter"

He sounded prepared and knew what he was doing thus we left the office. Hours later apparently according to our teacher he had a "rethink"

However even with geography getting back to its former glory, i believe those replies was outrageous and he's basically belittling geography as a subject.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
rip geography i went to principal and asked him 3 questions

Q1. why is it happening?
A1. "It is a resource allocation subject of matter that happens every year (he's just lying)

Q2. "geography is a hard subject"
A2. he then questions us "is it really" which is implying that 120 hours is not needed for geography according to his tones

Q3. a girl told him "our parents wouldn't like the idea of this as geogrqaphy is still an atar course "
A3. He replies with "it doesnt matter"

He sounded prepared and knew what he was doing thus we left the office. Hours later apparently according to our teacher he had a "rethink"

However even with geography getting back to its former glory, i believe those replies was outrageous and he's basically belittling geography as a subject.
Dafuq unless you guys are doing overtime for a subject they shouldn't be cutting hours

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd probably contact NESA and see what they have to say about it. The school also has to ensure that year 7s receive the appropriate amount of hours too, so the school might be constrained and not able to entirely fullfill both commitments.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/contact/

Reception
Phone: +61 2 9367 8111
Fax: +61 2 9367 8484
Yep call NESA it's a requirement to get a certain amount of hours for a course
Yeah NESA takes this shit seriously, id recommend calling them

JSensation

HSC
apparently we getting back 6 periods as the principal having a "rethink", this was after i talked to the timetabler who acted as if she didn't knew about it . she was like " wow you lot looks like you're able to unite and complain for your rights" :/

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
apparently we getting back 6 periods as the principal having a "rethink", this was after i talked to the timetabler who acted as if she didn't knew about it . she was like " wow you lot looks like you're able to unite and complain for your rights" :/
they shouldn't be so narky about it. They are not following NESA policy & rules, so they are not doing their job. Yikes.
sounds like a terrible situation!

highshill

HSC
This is against the NESA policies you have to report this to them :frown2:

highshill

HSC
I guess the school got scared of the consequences the class period cutting could bring. hehehe :)

Last edited:

JSensation

HSC
yeah, our schools kinda gay.
something like this had happened before. During the start of term 2 i dropped from 2U to genny maths, but like i didnt have a classroom with a teacher till term 4 :(. So i was like in my 2U classroom sitting in a corner doing general maths, i didn't have a teacher i could ask for help too as he replied with "im a 2u teacher i cant help you with general maths" funny enough hes the head teacher of maths faculty :((

Frostguard

HSC
yeah tear them apart our school suckz!! but tbh our new principal isnt improving our school imao hes making it more authoritative and boring......

highshill

HSC
so how did it go, did the school change anything

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)