School 'failed to get me into law' (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
They're not really relevant to any intelligent conversation about her and if you think otherwise you're deluding yourself

(yeah fuck u shane and ashleey and kt)

annagurl

HSC
N/A
They're not really relevant to any intelligent conversation about her and if you think otherwise you're deluding yourself

(yeah fuck u shane and ashleey and kt)
the whole basis of her case was that the school was negligent in providing her the education she needed to get in law

and then when something like this comes up, you question whether it was really the *school*, or if it was *her*.

totes relevant!!!!11

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
If my HSC performance was based off what I wrote on myspace at 12, I'd be fucked too.

The lawsuit in and of itself show that she's a fucking moron, myspace is irrelevant and as others (funkshen or Lenty) have already pointed out, a school doesn't guarantee results so no contractual agreement between the two parties has been breahed. She doesn't have any hope at all for a positive result.

So why don't you close this thread as well Abs

Lentern

HSC
If my HSC performance was based off what I wrote on myspace at 12, I'd be fucked too.

The lawsuit in and of itself show that she's a fucking moron, myspace is irrelevant and as others (funkshen or Lenty) have already pointed out, a school doesn't guarantee results so no contractual agreement between the two parties has been breahed. She doesn't have any hope at all for a positive result.

So why don't you close this thread as well Abs
Well a school doesn't particularly guarantee anything in particular but you're right the implied terms would not include a specific test grade. There might, and this is pretty much the only part of this thread that interests me, be a certain quality of service implied in a private school contractual agreement in which case if you could prove that the service was substandard then there is probably room to sue for a breach of contract. It is unlikely a suit in torts would get up though so all you could really sue for is your school fee.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Well a school doesn't particularly guarantee anything in particular but you're right the implied terms would not include a specific test grade. There might, and this is pretty much the only part of this thread that interests me, be a certain quality of service implied in a private school contractual agreement in which case if you could prove that the service was substandard then there is probably room to sue for a breach of contract. It is unlikely a suit in torts would get up though so all you could really sue for is your school fee.
What's the deal with suing for legal fees? Can you do that just because or

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
We discussed this in my tute last week and this was pretty much the consensus.

I'm also very interested in how she may intend to prove that the quality of the service provided was substandard.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
We discussed this in my tute last week and this was pretty much the consensus.

I'm also very interested in how she may intend to prove that the quality of the service provided was substandard.
I bet you had one fuckwit insisting the school should have been able to get her a band 6 or whatever.

Garygaz

HSC
schools have nothing to offer but a service of which the quality can vary quite extremely between individuals even at the same institution. private and elite schools operate off of their goodwill and reputation within a freemarket society and if they are failing the individuals within them they probably wouldn't exist (at least most suburban schools with competition).

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
Schools never guarantee something, take for example James Ruse, they don't exactly guarantee 99 for every student that walks in, they provide the service and the students have to put in the work, not every 99.95 comes out of James Ruse, but they have a higher chance of getting that mark. You can't tell the school to give you something if they can't do it. Quite sure if she had the ability, "as claimed", the HSC would of seen her marks as an outlier and moderated them accordingly, or the school would come into audit the school

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Schools never guarantee something, take for example James Ruse, they don't exactly guarantee 99 for every student that walks in, they provide the service and the students have to put in the work, not every 99.95 comes out of James Ruse, but they have a higher chance of getting that mark. You can't tell the school to give you something if they can't do it. Quite sure if she had the ability, "as claimed", the HSC would of seen her marks as an outlier and moderated them accordingly, or the school would come into audit the school
they're a public school you penk you can't sue the department of education for lackluster quality of education and services, unless you were discriminated against

editav

HSC
Uni Grad
The school is irrelevant if you're good at self-study. You can't be too highly dependent on your school , do your own research/work IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)