School Leavers Scholarships (1 Viewer)

rasengan90

HSC
No, I think we're still all waiting for arts. I check my letterbox every 3 hours or so just in case.

rani.g.

HSC
alexdore993 said:
They will tell us if we've been shortlisted right?
They have to notify us even if we weren't shortlisted. Apparently if you miss out you get a letter from the Scholarships and Prizes Office, and if you get shortlisted, you get one from the faculty. It's my guess that the Arts Faculty is just less organised than the others, hence the delay.

impervious182

HSC
rani.g. said:
They have to notify us even if we weren't shortlisted. Apparently if you miss out you get a letter from the Scholarships and Prizes Office, and if you get shortlisted, you get one from the faculty. It's my guess that the Arts Faculty is just less organised than the others, hence the delay.
It's probably also got more applications though.

We Arts orientated students can be a bit verbose. (Well I can.)

impervious182

HSC
rasengan90 said:
No, I think we're still all waiting for arts. I check my letterbox every 3 hours or so just in case.
Same. I do this all the time with my email though. I'm always waiting for an email, or looking to see if someone's posted a new post. :D

Paranoid? Yes. lol.

rani.g.

HSC
Don't worry - am exactly the same. True about verbosity - I actually narrowed all my margins and used a slightly smaller font to fit in everything for my personal statement! Then again, I am applying for Eng. Lit. - so go figure!

impervious182

HSC
rani.g. said:
Don't worry - am exactly the same. True about verbosity - I actually narrowed all my margins and used a slightly smaller font to fit in everything for my personal statement! Then again, I am applying for Eng. Lit. - so go figure!
Hahahahaha... I did exactly the same thing. As if a page is enough space, seriously and it took me quite a few drafts to even get it down to fit even with narrowed margins and small font.

danz90

HSC
Do we get the rejction/short-list letters by email or post??

This is really nerve wracking....lol

impervious182

HSC
danz90 said:
Do we get the rejction/short-list letters by email or post??

This is really nerve wracking....lol
I know.

Umm... I think by post. Email would be better though.

danz90

HSC
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomomgggggggggggggg just got a letter!

I got shortlisted for a scholarship in the Faculty of Pharmacy for 2009! Woooooooot!

I'm ecstatic. Does this mean that now all I have to do is get the required UAI?

impervious182

HSC
danz90 said:
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomomgggggggggggggg just got a letter!

I got shortlisted for a scholarship in the Faculty of Pharmacy for 2009! Woooooooot!

I'm ecstatic. Does this mean that now all I have to do is get the required UAI?
Yes. But because of your post, every Art faculty-hopeful will read this thread and get excited... because they read the start of your post and then the rest... like I just did. lol.

Good work though!

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Good on you! That's really good. Congrat's :D
Thank you very muchly, also well done to danz! Hmm, maybe I got shortlisted because I am quite verbose as well, which could have stuck out in the eco and bus faculty.

impervious182

HSC
olivegreentiger said:
Thank you very muchly, also well done to danz! Hmm, maybe I got shortlisted because I am quite verbose as well, which could have stuck out in the eco and bus faculty.
lol. I'm sure it's a mixture of that and superb achievements. There is lots of competition for these scholarships. Yep.

Good work.

Now all the Arts students are getting nervous. There are only 50 given out and 7 or something have gone to people visiting this thread. haha.

danz90

HSC
Thanks olivegreentiger, congrats to you also! thanx 2 alexdore993 also :)

Alex, maybe the Arts faculty hasn't sent out their letters yet. Each faculty sends out letters individually - on the envelope the letter I received was in, it had the Faculty of Pharmacy stamp. I'm guessing maybe Arts faculty is a little lazy/slow lol

impervious182

HSC
danz90 said:
Thanks olivegreentiger, congrats to you also! thanx 2 alexdore993 also :)

Alex, maybe the Arts faculty hasn't sent out their letters yet. Each faculty sends out letters individually - on the envelope the letter I received was in, it had the Faculty of Pharmacy stamp. I'm guessing maybe Arts faculty is a little lazy/slow lol
Argh... lol... and I live in Singapore so any letter would take even longer to arrive!

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Did anybody else get reserve listed? I applied for science and I got my letter back (18th November) saying that I made it on a reserve list. I didn't get asked for an interview, but its not an outright rejection. I'm a bit confused!!!

Who else went over the 1 page limit?

impervious182

HSC
solomarc20 said:
Did anybody else get reserve listed? I applied for science and I got my letter back (18th November) saying that I made it on a reserve list. I didn't get asked for an interview, but its not an outright rejection. I'm a bit confused!!!

Who else went over the 1 page limit?
They said they wouldn't accept anything over the limit.

rasengan90

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Now all the Arts students are getting nervous. There are only 50 given out and 7 or something have gone to people visiting this thread. haha.
I am getting paranoid too. I received two letters addressed to me today but neither was from USYD. DAMN YOU UAC!

rani.g.

HSC
alexdore993 said:
There are only 50 given out and 7 or something have gone to people visiting this thread. haha.
Do you mean they only shortlist 50 people out of all applications across the faculties? Or 50 per faculty?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)