School matter THAT much? (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
sorry if like other threads have been written about this...
but um does your school matter that much?
i am outright ranked first for every single subject (30+) with an average of 95+ for everything my schools rank is very low (we came last in district last year :S) i need UAI of 99 is this possible?
or will my school put me down?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if youre ranked outright first in every subject, then the rank of the school would be irrelevant.
Its all up to you as to how well you do in externals to get that 99 UAI you want.
Your school rank matters to an extent as that determines the quality of the cohort using the school ranks released from the previous years.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
jemsta said:
if youre ranked outright first in every subject, then the rank of the school would be irrelevant.
Its all up to you as to how well you do in externals to get that 99 UAI you want.
Your school rank matters to an extent as that determines the quality of the cohort using the school ranks released from the previous years.
mmhmm last year our highest UAI was 80 followed by 60's and 50's all the way..... guess im stuffed

williamc

HSC
wrxsti said:
mmhmm last year our highest UAI was 80 followed by 60's and 50's all the way..... guess im stuffed
Not if your ranked first in all subjects. You will determine your own UAI.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Well in the technical sense if you're ranked first in every subject then school ceases to matter since you're 100% in control with your own HSC Exam marks.

At the same time clearly you can't expect to do as well as someone in a vastly superior school.

helper

HSC
N/A
If you work as hard as you can, there is no reason you can't be a success at any school as shown by the examples of people who make the distinguished achievers list from small or low ranked schools.

That being said you need to push yourself because the competition is present at the school and take advantage of all the resources provided by the board of studies and universites to overcome the lack of expertise that may exist at your school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)